Chapter 10: How did you know him?

Yui POV

Shindou: "In that case, I'll stop them by myself if I have to!"

Hayabusa: "What makes you think you can stop my Avatar?"

Shindou: "Your... Avatar?"

Hayabusa: "Come out, my Avatar! Birdman Falco!"

Kakuma: W-Whoa, it's an Avatar! An Avatar! Tengawara's Hayabusa brought out an Avatar!

"Kana, is he..."

Kana: "Mhm! Hideki-kun's a SEED."

Hayabusa: "I heard you can use an Avatar too. Impressive for someone who isn't a Seed. Let me show you how frightening a Seed with a real Avatar can be!"

Ah... He's bitter too.

Hayabusa: "Falco Wing! Think you can stop this with your Avatar?"

Shindou tried to bring out his Avatar but couldn't. He got hit by the ball and so did Sangoku-senpai.

Kakuma: Goal! A tie! Tengawara catches up! Hayabusa's shoot blasts through Raimon's goal!

Shindou fell on one knee.

Kirino: "Shindou!"

Kana: "He can't control his Avatar yet... but even so the attempt to wears you out."

Kakuma: The first half ends here! The second half will begin at a tie of 1-1!

"It can't be helped."

I back at the sidelines.

Huh? Where did Yuki and Shizuka go?

~•~•~•~

A time skip brought to you by Yui kicking a soccer ball towards your head.

Yui: GOMENASAI!!

Kakuma: The first match of Holy Road's district preliminaries! The second half of Raimon versus Tengawara! There's the kickoff with Raimon in hold of the ball.

Tenma: "Pass me the ball!"

Hamano: "Here!"

Tenma: "Thank you very much!"

Kurama and Minamisawa: "Eh?!"

Kurama: "Why did you pass to him?!"

Hamano: "Well, he asked."

What kind of reason is that?

Kakuma: Matsukaze moves in with his dribbling! But Nishinosora goes to mark him! The ball goes... Straight to Nishizono!

Nishinosora: "What?!"

I look towards Sangoku-senpai.

Kana: "... The atmosphere around him changed."

Kakuma: "Kita makes a centering to Hayabusa! Raimon's in trouble!"

But before Hayabusa could get it... Sangoku got it first!

Shindou: "Sangoku-san...!"

Tenma and Shinsuke: "Senpai!"

Sangoku: "Shindou. Shinsuke. Tenma. You've opened my eyes. I'll play my own soccer too. I want see the goddess of victory smiling again after so long. Shindou! Don't hold back! Make a full-attack with God's Baton!"

"Smile."

Aoi: "Yuri-chan?"

On their faces. True smiles...