Chapter Eight

(Y/N) didn't sleep at all. He locked himself in his room. When Chris came to check on him, he refused to open up. His uncle understood. All (Y/N) had to say was 'Caleb and Kaylee talked to me and-.' Chris knew not to pry and to just let (Y/N) process what happened. He knew (Y/N) would bounce back. He always did.

But the whole day passed and he still hadn't come out of his room. Chris grew worried. Dylan, too, wondered where he was. He hadn't been able to get him out of his head for all of the wrong reasons. He worried about his friend. 

When he saw Caleb and Kaylee at dinner, they refused to talk about it more. Kaylee apologized, but Caleb looked angry. Dylan didn't know what happened, but it had to be big. He looked all over for him, but couldn't find him.

Chris went up to (Y/N)'s room after dinner. He knocked on the door but didn't hear an answer. His heart dropped and he knocked again, harder this time.

The door opened. (Y/N) looked... Well, it wasn't good. "Jesus, kid, you scared me to death."

"Sorry," (Y/N) responded. He was dressed, like he was going to go outside but didn't.

Chris sighed. "Did you eat anything all day?" (Y/N) bit his cheek, giving Chris the answer he didn't want. "Shit, kid..."

"... I know."

"I'll talk to them, okay?"

"No!" (Y/N) said loudly. "I-I mean... Don't, please. You won't fix it. It's..."

"Yeah, I get it. I won't say anything." Chris didn't want (Y/N) to just sulk in his room. "Kid, you gotta go outside for a while."

"Huh? Why?"

Chris forced him out of the room and shut the door. "It's for your own good. I don't care where you go, but I'm not letting you rot in your room all day."

"Why?" (Y/N) whined. "I'm not hurting anyone..."

Chris' mind went to Dylan, who had asked Chris multiple times if he knew where (Y/N) where. Chris lied, saying he didn't know where. He knew (Y/N) didn't want Dylan to see him the way he was. "Out. Now."

(Y/N) stood for a moment. "I just go anywhere...?"

"Ah! No. Outside the lodge, please," Chris said, realizing what (Y/N) was going to do.

"Damn it..." (Y/N) muttered under his breath.

"Yeah, yeah, come on, let's go," Chris ordered, walking him outside. Once (Y/N) was out, he shut the door.

(Y/N) sighed. This was probably good for him, but he didn't like it. At least Chris cared for him, at least. He thought about his father and shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. He knew a spot to go to and headed over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dylan hadn't lost hope. He continued walking around the camp, hoping to just see a glance of (Y/N). Chris said he wasn't in his room, so where could he be hiding? Dylan decided to check the campfires and headed over to them.

He saw a fire in the distance and felt his heart race. Maybe that was (Y/N)! He walked over, quicker than he had been walking before, and saw him. He felt that heavy cloud over his heart fly away, glad to see he was alright. Physically, at least. 

He hadn't seen him. (Y/N) was too busy looking into the fire. Thinking. Trying not to think. Just wishing his brain could shut off. Dylan slowly sat down next to him, hoping it wouldn't scare him.

(Y/N) wasn't scared, but surprised. He figured Dylan wouldn't want to talk to him anymore after that shit-show. And after abandoning him all day, too. He thought he would be mad at him. It was another negative thought that collected in his mind.