【42】I Love You

【42.7 I LOVE YOU】

Her lips craved a pretty duchenne smile. She dried her wet hands with her gown and came closer to me. Pink hue was spread on her knuckles and fingertips. I gave her a polite warm smile fixing my gaze into her hazel brown bewitching eyes.

She waved her hand at me....

"Hello....I am talking to you."

I averted my eyes from her face. My polite smile turned into a embarrass one.

"I am sorry...I just ...I've never seen a bar lady as beautiful as you are."

"Excuse me? Are you hitting on me?"

A wooden oak barrel was placed on the counter. Metal hoops were riveted around its body. She held a wooden beer mug closer to it. Beer began to pour out into the mug as she removed the bung. She slid the mug toward me.

I grabbed the mug. "No....I was just stating the truth." I replied softly, stroking side of my neck.

She fixed her gaze on me. She rested her crossed forearms on the counter. I dived my gaze into the beer and smiled flirtatiously.

"Go screw your mother."

My flirtatiously smile died down in seconds and I looked at her with a jolt. I found that she was looking at a man who was sitting on a table. Anger was piercing through in her eyes.

Man was ogling at her. He gulped down all the stout in a breathe.

"Ziena, you know, I've grown up in slumps. I don't have a mother." Man replied arching up his eyebrow.

Anger in her bready brown eyes got simmered down. "Oh....my bad....Van."

"Go....Screw yourself then." I yelled at the man. He couldn't bring himself to yell at me when people roared a laugh at him. He sprung up and walked out of the bar cussing in his mouth.

Ziena giggled, once again her giggle felt like a sweet bell ringing in the heaven. I had riveted by her mesmerizing charms, sweet bell like laugh, pretty perfect smile and bewitching brown eyes. That day, If time would allow me, I wanted it to stop. My life was going smooth but falling in love with her had made my life beautiful.

I began to meet her everyday in her bar. My all day fatigue used to wash away talking, drinking and laughing with her. As time passed, it brought our heart together.

She shared that a bar man took her in and raised her like her own daughter. She thought - what more she can ask for but.....

"One day he left, leaving a letter behind." Tears bloomed into her eyes. "He was stifled under debt so he ran. From that day, I am working my ass off just to pay the debt he owned."

We were sitting on the floor leaning our backs against the counter. The bar was closed that day. She locked her arm around my bicep and rested her head on my shoulder.

I unlocked the strand of her hair from her lips and locked them behind her ear.

"Live with me, Ziena...let's stay together. We'll pay the debt, working together. I promise, I'll never leave you."

She plunged her gaze into my eyes. She lifted her hand only to brush her hand on my cheek. I felt a warm breath on my lip as she brought her lip closer to mine. I stroked her neck and then we locked our lips. It felt like time had stopped, I didn't remember for how long we had our very first kiss.

When our lips got unlocked, we connected our foreheads to each other. She grabbed my hand and got me up as she stood up. She led me to the room upstairs.

She locked the door while kissing me. We let our bodies fell on the bed. It was certainly cold outside but we felt the warmth as our naked bodies were grinding against eachother.

She exhaled a warm breath on my ear as she said underneath her breath. "I love you, Adijha."

"I love you too, Ziena. I am gonna love you till the end of my life."

What more a man could ask? I had become what I wanted to be, the lady for whom I was mad about, loved me too. I even introduced her to Nana.

When I thought that the Warrior God had finally begun to shower happiness over me, my life had taken a turn....

"Witches have become threat to the world."

"Whoever crossed their boarder didn't come back."

"Time has come to put cease on their life."

'War is about to break out.' - everyone bagan to chant those words. Western nation's four kingdoms had decided to join hands to put end to this raging chaos.

The work of warriors had suddenly loaded up. Warrior kingdom had more army as compared to other three kingdoms. How could it not be happened? After all, western nation was warriors dominated nation. So the responsibility to lead the army fell over the shoulders of warrior king.

The day before the war, I went to Ziena in her bar at closing time. She was cleaning the tables as I walked in.

"Am I interrupted?" I moved my feets to her.

"No...not at all." She stopped rubbing the rag on the table.

"Okay Madame." I grabbed an another rag that was laying on the table and started to clean the table.

She chuckled. "Today I'll do it myself, Adijha. Go and rest, you have an early start tomorrow."

Suddenly she sighed wearily. An irksome look reflected into her eyes. I stopped cleaning the table and went to her.

"Did something happen today." I cuped my hand around her cheek.

"Nothing....it just...I don't like the fact of you going to war. War don't bring peace, it just give birth to another war."

I smiled and pulled her in locking my my arms around her waist.

"Hey! Look at me, let's get married when this war get over."

She locked her arms behind my neck. "Sounds like plan...but don't try to change the topic, Adijha."

"I am not changing any topic."

"Promise me that you'll come back completely unharmed in one piece."

"I promise."

I connected my forehead with her. She gently squeeze my cheeks.

"I have a surprise for you. I'll tell you about this when you keep your promise."

"Can't you tell me now...please."

"You have to wait for it. And I wish, it rains the next time we meet."

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? I just love rain."

Sometimes a thought used to strike into my mind. Do I really deserve these all...all these happiness?

The next day, an army of warrior swarmed out of the kingdom riding on horses. Civilians waving at their loved one as they saw them going off. Some held proud, some held fear, some frustration, some held sadness and some held a hesitation into their heart as they sent their closed ones off to the war.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Flashback of Adijha's life || Part 2

Thank you for reading. Do vote and comment. They are always appreciated.