Part 3

-Moon-

" Wait where?" I looked back at Ash after his leaving statement.
He shrugged, " I'm being paid to go to The City."
" Your gonna get killed!"

The City was a heavily guarded section of land, almost like Starshine, but this wasnt a sanctuary of supernaturals. This place had a huge Wall surrounding it, and I know people lived on the Outer City, and it sounded damn near impossible to get past the Wall. I've heard stories about what's inside, that people are safe and well fed, or civil and human like supernaturals lived there, not like the wild animal type ones out here. I would never risk finding out for myself, cause if I died who would take care of Jess? Well I guess Ash could, but still. Not going to die over getting into somewhere that I don't even know what's in it.

He gave me a dismissive wave as he got in his truck, " I'll be fine, your welcome to join me."
" What about Jess?"
" She's 14, and knows the rules about leaving right?"
I sigh, " Yea.."
" I'm leaving tomorrow, and I can come pick you up before I leave."
I nodded, " See you then."
He waved and left, and I went back inside. I checked on Jess, who was fast asleep. I kissed her head and went to my own room. Tomorrow would be eventful that's for sure.

The next day

I woke up to knocking, and answered the door. Ash's smiling face was there. He told me we were leaving soon. I woke up Jess and gave her breakfast, and sat down with her, " Jess, this is very important, you need to listen, ok?"
She nodded, " What's going on?"
I held her hands, " Me and Uncle Ash have to leave for a little bit, you'll have to stay here alone. You'll be safe if you stay inside ok? Very bad people want you but they can't find you if you stay inside. I know it'll be boring alone but you have to stay inside. Can you do that for me?"
She nodded, " Of course daddy!"
I smiled and hugged her, " I love you Jess, I'll be home soon."
" I love you too!!" She held onto me.
I left the house after a few more minutes and got into Ash's truck. He started it up and asked if I was ready. I nodded and he started driving.

After an hour I turned to him, " What exactly are you being paid to do?"
" Some chick driving this huge truck, a U-Haul I think, said she'd pay me a 100k to meet her by the Wall and find a way in. The back of the truck kept moving, and she said she had some animal in the back I dunno, I didn't bother with questions."
" Sounds off."
He shrugged, " It's a lot of money man."
I nodded and went quiet. After another hour it came into view. He stopped the truck about 100ft away, and we both got out. We'd have better chance of getting close on foot rather then in the truck.

When we got there, I saw this chick sitting on a large box, swinging her legs without a care in the world. Ash walked up to her, " So you'll pay us 100k to find a way through this Wall?"
She nodded and smiled at us, " Yep, me and my pet here need a way in."
This still seemed weird but I kept silent, for now. Ash grabbed onto my hand and walked along with me, and started to talk again, " Everything has a breaking point, no matter how good it was built."
" Your sure?"
He nods and we keep walking along.
I was looking around a lot. There didn't seem to be many guards out, even though it was the late morning. I'd assume something like this would be guarded more. I kept glancing around, and all these bodies littered the ground, their throats savagely tore out. I gently proded Ash's arm, "Uh Ash.. I don't think we're alone here.. These bodies look like they just got killed."
Ash glanced at the bodies, " It probably ate it's fill and left. Were fine."
I bit my lip and nodded. I didn't like the fact that he just kept brushing things off, we could be in serious danger here!
He pulled away from me and jumped down into a small pit, " Hey there's an opening in here!"
" Ok good! Now we can get out of here.."
He climbed back up, " I'll be right back." He ran back to where the girl was, and I stayed put.

He came rushing back a few minutes later with a vampire close behind him, " GO THROUGH IT GO THROUGH IT-"
I jumped down into the hole and he followed and we got through the tight squeeze of an opening. I panted and watched as it tried to get to us for a little while before giving up. I got up and looked around us, it looked seriously abandoned here. " I told you that something was lurking around."
Ash shook his head as he stood up, "That chick let it out of the box, and pointed a laser at me and it chased me. I think that was her plan the whole time."
I playfully shoved him, " I told you this seemed off."
He smiled softly, " Yea yea, let's get back. This place looks seriously worn down."
I nodded, and headed to go back through the opening when metal bars closed down over it, " What the hell?!"
" This is bad, very very bad."
" YEA I KNOW THAT GENIUS!!!"
" Calm down!"
" CALM DOWN?! WERE TRAPPED FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG AND JESS IS HOME ALONE!"
He puts his hand over my mouth, "Shut up! Someone will hear you and then were properly fucked!"
I shoved his hand away from my mouth, " Let's just get out of here." I didn't hear a reply, so I turned around, " Ash? I said-" A hand went over my mouth, and I saw someone holding Ash.
The person smiled at me, their fangs glistening in the late morning light. "Well well well.. What do we have here?"
I struggled against there grip, and they just chuckled. They and the other, probably vampire, person dragged us along to large double-doors. The one who talked to me pressed a white card thing to something on it and it opened up. They dragged us through, and it looked amazing. All the buildings were huge and not run down, people were walking around without a care and there were stores. What the hell is this place?? They kept dragging us along, throwing us into some building and shutting the door. I got up and looked around, " What the hell is happening?"
Ash stands up, " Well.. Now we know what's inside the Wall."
I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, walking farther into the building to try and find a way out. A guy walked up to us, reaching his hand out with a smile, " Hey, you two are the humans who got through the Wall correct? Thanks for helping us find that hole. My name is Julian, and your gonna have a nice chat with me and the vampire ruler."

This will not end well.