Part 7

-Storm-

I woke up to Jess screaming. Hopefully my dad didn't come try to kill her, even though he has no reason to since he kicked me out.

I rush to her room, and she had large fairy wings now.
" That's... New."
She nodded and stood up.
" I didn't know you were a fairy."
" Dad said I was hybrid. I guess that what this means."
" Well how are you gonna learn to use those?"
She shrugs, and hugs me, " Cmon I wanna go see if I can get some more food."
I nod and follow her outside. She brought me to some traps that looked like they'd fall apart any second. She started telling me about how her dad showed her how to use these and that's how they got food.

It seems very complicated, compared to how I hunt.

I offered to get her something to eat while she waited on those, and she told me to meet her back at the house when I was done.

There wasn't much space to work with. I couldn't go back on pack territory but I also didn't wanna go to the vampire part cause I wanted to come back alive. I did find some unmarked territory a little farther away then I would've liked, but it'll work.

It seemed empty besides all the normal creatures. I shifted and went to find something to bring back to Jess.

The whole time I was hunting I could feel someone watching me or following me. I caught a big rabbit for her and was heading back but I couldn't shake the feeling of someone watching me. Jess had made a fire and I shifted back and gave her the rabbit, sitting next to her.

She smiled and started to make it into pieces she could cook easily. She turned to look at me, " You look really nervous, are you ok?"
I shrug, " Just feel like someone is watching me."
" I thought you were bringing someone back with you, I thought I saw someone behind you when you came back."
" What did they look like?"
She shrugs, " They looked like a shadow, but they had really pretty eyes, they were like ice!"
" That's cool I guess. It's really weird though. Why would they follow me?"
" Mhm. Maybe they were just shy!"
I smile and nod.

It's nice how she can always make light of things.
I hope that nobody bad was following me.

-Dimitri-

I hid behind the tree and held my breath. They couldn't notice me.

But the girl did. She stared right into my eyes. She was supposed to be some impossible hybrid and supposedly ruthless. She definitely has the scent of a vampire so she could pass as one, but the wings are a dead give away.

She acts like a kid. But the guy seems more grounded. He noticed that there was someone behind him, but he's a wolf I can't hide myself that well.

Once they headed back inside the house I let out a sigh and headed back home. I dunno why they'd make me do this stuff, I'm not old enough to do anything else I wanna do. Nobody wants to show me how to fight until I'm 18, it sucks.

I get back and go to my dad's room, he was the one who trained the others, but refused to train me or let anyone else do it.

" Uh dad? I'm back."
He looks at me, " Hey Dima. What'd you find out?"
" Umm.. She is definitely a hybrid, and she acts like she's 7 and she has a wolf with her."
" Is he a full wolf or a kid?"
" He's around my age."
" Hm. Anything else?"
I shake my head. Why did I need to do this anyway?
He nods, " You can go to your room."
" Why did I need to go spy on them anyway?"
" That's not something you need to worry about Dima. Go to your room."
" But I wanna help-"
" Dimitri." He growls.
" ... Sorry." I leave him alone and go to my room.

Those kids were.. Weird.
But also the only other kids my age. Everyone else is older than me, and they don't waste a second telling me about it. I'd be nice to have some friends too. But dads probably planning something with them.