seven.

CRUEL INTENTIONS
chapter seven
SADIE SINK

The tonight show with Jimmy Fallon!

"Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to Sidney Rogers!"

      Sidney smiled as she made her way towards Jimmy while waving at the audience. She sat on the couch on the other side of his desk and greeted him.

"It's so good to have you here!" Jimmy exclaimed. "We haven't seen you for so long!"

"I know! I know, it's great to come back." Sidney smiled.

"Congrats on the success of your album!"

"Thank you so much! I actually didn't expected so many positive reactions!"

"Well, I listened to the major song of the album, cruel intentions, the day it was released. I just can say: amazing. Your voice and the lyrics are a perfect combination for so many emotions!"

"Thank you! Thank you so much. I remember I was terrified that day. Like I was excited but terrified at the same time. Because, you know, the Internet scared me sometimes and I was so scared of getting bad reactions and hate and stuff. So I just turn my phone off for a few hours."

"I understand, yeah. I have to ask, there's a lot of people who think your album is about a real relationship you had. Is it true, or is it just, like, inspired?"

"Well, I have to say, you know, my goal isn't to ruin my ex's reputation or something. I make music, I write music to tell a story. Not necesserally mine and not to talk about a certain someone. Of course, it is inspired by some things I lived but I never really said 'he did that, he acted like that' I mean, you know? I don't really talk about actions but more about feelings. Feelings I experienced. Like the sadness of a broken heart and stuff. I just want my fans to be able to identify and recognize themselves in the emotions I describe so I try to make them as pure, as authentic as possible based on what I felt, you know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I do, and I think that's why so many people love your music. It's just so relatable."

"Thank you!"

"We had Taylor Swift on the show last time and we talked about her short film projet about her song 'All too well' and she said you were a big help on set? I didn't even know you had work on this project!"

"Yeah! Yeah, I did! I love Taylor, her songs, her art, it's amazing. And I love her as a person. She's the sweetest. And as you all probably know, she gave the first role to Sadie. So, yeah, when she asked me to help her on set, I was like 'YES' because I love her, I love Sadie, and have the opportunity to work with the both of them was just wonderful."

"That is so cool! What were you doing?"

"I was mostly helping Taylor with the staging and with the costums. I don't really know if I really was a 'big help' as she said but it was a great experience anyway and I had fun!"

"And did you see the final result?"

"No, I actually don't. I'll have to wait like you guys for it to be released. But I'm sure Sadie and Dylan will be amazing. I love Dylan O'Brien and it was really fun to have the chance to meet him, and Sadie, I know she will be great, because she is fantastic in everything she do."