Chapter IIII | Natural Disaster.

E L O U I S E ' s P . O . V .

*
*
*

My new reality package could really be compared to the unboxing of Pandora's box. It was not like any bad was being unleashed from it - at least not yet - but it seemed every time I was introduced to something new, it was accompanied with surprises I was not so sure yet were benefitting or not. It made me feel as if I was almost in existence in some dream like state where I was not in full control of myself.

The weekend had finally come by and a large part of myself was dreading it. I had a feeling it was just going to be a continuation of my usual day dream experience and that intensified when I had arrived at my destination, the Kosmos residence. Over the years, I had somehow convinced myself that picture perfect magazine homes did not actually exist but as I advanced into the premises, the fat reality of it was forced down my throat, leaving me with a heavy knot settling at the base which made me uneasy. I had, had some sort of an idea about how much Adonis was worth but seeing it all materialised in front of my very eyes, it felt more realistic and tangible.

My eyes were running wild, totally uncontrollable as they tried to capture all that surrounded me. I was indecisive on what specifically to critic because everything really did deserve equal, undivided attention but it was obviously physically impossible.

I was a few meters accelerated from the gate but I decided for the safety of Josephine and myself, I should bring my car to a complete stand still to feed our curiosity, avoiding any unnecessary accidents. Although everything was mini paradise worthy, the house was the real gem that solidified its title.

So far, I had been appropriately dealing with all the extravagant changes like a champ. That was really because I was taking baby steps with Lukas' support. Now it all seemed as if I had been left all alone to lead everybody forward. How was I even expected to determine which step was stable when I thought I had insufficient practice ? I did not know how to properly digest what was being presented before my eyes but Josephine's responses of gasps and ' wows ' made up for the both of us.

I turned the key to start my engine back up but it took an embarrassing seven attempts till it barely came alive. I slowly drove up the driveway.

The whole garden shared a beautiful moss colour, a clear sign that it was well pampered. The grass was perfectly manicured ; plants, bushes and trees planted where they belonged, living to their full potential. Then, I got a much better, clearer view of the house. Did my eyes even afford to feast on such luxury ? The manor stood at three stories mostly made of large windows which gave a sneak peak of the bright, modern and spacious inside. It had a six car garage but outside, three dangerously expensive cars were parked which I assumed were owned by Lukas and his siblings which threatened my sorry excuse of a Mercedes.

I switched my engine off and gulped, trying to get rid of that knot that was making me feel so uncomfortable.

" Mama, why didn't we just live with daddy this whole time and only now ? " She inquired. She sounded like she was annoyed with me and I did not hold it against her. I too would have been ticked off by myself if I had dared to deprive myself of such great luxury.

" Aw, Jo. This is not where your father lives. It's actually your grand father's house. " I corrected with a light laugh. I really was trying to not make that transition much of a big deal but deep down, I believe we were both experiencing the same feeling of shock. One of us had to act stable though and it was clear it had to be me as the adult.

" Oh. " She sounded so disappointed.

" Jo. Your dad still has a house as beautiful you know. "

Finally, Lukas emerged from the front door.