Shades of Blue

The final week before Catra's show was something Adora had never witnessed. She'd been dutifully ignoring Shadow Weaver's calls, texting her one word responses. She'd found 'exams' to be a good excuse.

She didn't feel guilty because she technically wasn't lying. The memories of Prime had abandoned her mind for some time, her head to heavy after the long days to even contemplate everything that had happened in the last month or so. Instead she threw herself into her studies and friends, Catra doing the same with her fashion.

"Another day down," Adora finished ticking off the date on her calendar, her chest racing as she noticed the English exam was less than three days away.

"I've only done four practice essays, I'm fucked."

A deep groan was stifled as she flopped onto the messy beds, her hair coming loose and she scrunched her face into the sheets.

"Four? I've barely finished doing one," Glimmer momentarily glanced up from her project, before looking back down at her workspace on the floor. She'd given Adora full use of the desk, claiming to prefer the pale pink carpet.

"That's cause you spent fifty hours doing art, Glim," Bow paced up and down, his lips moving but quiet mutters coming out of his mouth. Adora looked at him intently, trying to catch a glimpse of what he was reading aloud to himself.

"Bow?"

"Can you all shut up? I need peace."

Catra had taken off her headphones momentarily, glaring at them from her corner in Adora's bed.

"I wore the Adora's fat overhead ones and I can still hear you blabbing. Thought this was meant to be a study session?"

Glimmer rolled her eyes, making a gesture with her hand.

"If you want so much quiet, go back to your dorm," Bow answered.

"Lonnie's out, I don't want to be alone," was Catra's only reply. Bow's mouth opened and closed, the piece of paper he was holding waved about as he expressed his incredulity.

"She's moody, let her be. Whatcha reading Bow?" Adora responded, wondering back over to her desk.

"Oh, uh, I'm meeting my dads tomorrow."

Adora exchanged a look with Glimmer, Bow clutching his piece of paper even tighter.

"I'm going to tell them I want to not be a historian. For real this time."

His lip quivered, about on the verge of tears, and that only started a similar response in Adora.

"Bow! I'm so proud."

She got up from her desk and approached him, wrapping her arms around his tense frame.

"Thanks. I just hope they'll still love me, you know, not disown me or anything."

"They will," Glimmer assured him, also getting up from her work area.

'And even if they don't, I will."

Adora floated back to her desk as Glimmer wrapped her arms around Bow's middle, the couple embracing for a few quiet moments.

"Adora, I need you," Catra called out, a bit too loudly due to her headphones. Adora gave a lopsided grin, jerking her thumb at the girl nestled in bed behind her.

"Hear that guys? My lady needs me."

Catra shook off her headphones, widening her eyes meaningfully at her.

"Coming, I'm coming. Sheesh," Adora clambered on the bed, walking on it before plunking herself besides Catra.

"What?"