6

Loki's POV
I felt something resting on my shoulder...Y/n's head. She had fallen asleep with her book in her lap. Without making a sound I marked the page and set it on her nightstand and tucked her in. Though I was resistant to the cold, I doubted she was. I heard her make a noise in her sleep. Getting up from the bed, I kissed her softly on the forehead. "Goodnight, dearest," I said just audibly. She didn't stir, and I went to bed on the air mattress.
That night, I laid on the mattress, my efforts to sleep in vain. I couldn't stop thinking about her. It was quite rude of her, taking up residency in my head without permission. I sat up and looked at Y/n through the darkness. She was peacefully sleeping. Must be nice. I laid back down on the pillow and sighed. Eventually I would be able to fall asleep. Eventually...
Normal POV--TW--
"Shut up, Y/n. I know you have something to hide," Charlie snarled. I shook my head and backed away, only to realize there was a wall behind me. I tried desperately to escape but he pinned me by the throat to the wall. I choked and tried to breathe. "Yeah, doesn't feel so good now, bitch? Now tell me why you were with Ryan!" He yelled, slapping my face. Tears ran down my face as I whimpered. I scratched him and he let me go. There was a large bruise on my neck where he had choked me. I ran for my bedroom and he followed me in there. I grabbed my gun, clocked it, and pointed it at him. "Get out, and you won't get shot," I growled, my voice hurting from how hard he had choked me. "Y/n--"
"No!!" I screamed. I woke up in a cold sweat, bolting upright. I looked around, thankful for the dark. I saw a dark figure crawl onto my bed. I burrowed into my blanket, crying, "Charlie, no, please!" I heard a silky voice whisper, "Love, it's only me, it's only Loki." My shallow breathing calmed a bit and I forced my sobbing to ease a bit. "Are you alright? What do you want me to do?" I heard him ask. I couldn't get a word out through my hiccuping. "I understand, dearest."
I felt him wipe my tears away and wrap me in his arms. "You want to talk about it?" Loki asked. I shook my head quickly and Loki nodded. "Ok," he said, "you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."
The rest of the night he stayed with me in bed. There was an overwhelming fear that Charlie would come for me, and I knew he probably sensed that. The rest of the night, Loki rubbed my back, a calming sensation. Occasionally I heard him say, "You don't have to be afraid," or, "I'll protect you, I promise."
************
The next morning, the sunlight streamed in the window. I saw Loki face down on the pillow next to me. I poked his shoulder. He groaned and stirred just a bit. "C'mon. Time to get up," I said. He flopped on his side and looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed. "Loki, I mean it. Come on," I lightly shoved him. He laughed quietly and I hopped out of bed. I went to his side and said, "Don't make me pull that blanket off of you." That got him up.
"Come on in the kitchen, I'm making breakfast. There's some clothes in the closet for you, we'll go shopping for you later today," I said. Loki smirked. "What if I made breakfast?" he said, wrapping his arms around me.
"Well would you? Because that would be a huge bonus."
"I may know I thing or two."
"And that is?"
"Waffles."
I laughed and got out the waffle maker. "Well by all means, your Highness, it's all yours," I said with a smirk hidden in my voice. Loki got out the necessary ingredients, as I sat down. Of course me being the hummingbird that I am, I got up to help him. He reluctantly allowed me to help, and it turned out to be a very good breakfast.
I went to work with a very wholesome breakfast, and finished off the day somehow through Loki interrupting me multiple times. Including during an important meeting. That somehow went excused as he asked me where the hairbrush was.
Work eventually finished and it was time to go to the store. We got in my car and I leaned back on the seat for a minute. "Are you alright?" Loki asked. "Yeah, just tired," I replied, sighing. I opened my eyes and started the car. We drove to the store and I didn't even notice Loki's hand was on mine until I parked the car.