|seventeenth year incoming|

Livia giggled.

"This is harder than I thought," the voice of Jason rang out around her. She laughed again, "It'd be easier if you just told me where we were going."

Her boyfriend scoffed, "And ruin the surprise? I'm pretty sure that Leila would kill me."

"Surprise? My birthday has already passed," she smirked as another branch almost tug her off the ground. 

"Not your birthday," he muttered before placing his hands on shoulder, stopping her. She raised her brow behind the blindfolds over her eyes. She could theoretically track where she was using the water in the air or at least opening up her primal instincts but—

But she trusted Jason.

She let out a surprised oof as he picked her up. Livia let out a string of curses, "This is genuine Pontia from Venus' newest fashion line. Deadly Fashion. If you rip it, you owe me 52 denarii!"

Jason paused as he contemplated her words. "You spent 3000 us dollars on this dress?"

"It was a limited edition," she sniffed. Her boyfriend laughed as he kept walking.

It was silent for a few more minutes. "How did you pull this off anyway? I know Esra still had a mountain of paperwork for us to go through."

It was thankfully the last of it. Livia would probably scream if she had to do more paperwork. 

(Thankfully, she and Jason had come to an agreement that she would oversee training while he focused on the legislation, but there will be trade offs.)

"Esra and Tav agreed to keep the place running while we have a day for ourselves," he told her simply. He slowed to a stop, placing her back on her feet. "I decided that it would be a good thing to take advantage of for our first date."

A smile bloomed on her face at his words, angling her body into his direction. "First date?"

Jason hummed, moving around noisily until he stood behind her. He untied the blindfold carefully, and Livia gasped as her childhood home came into view. 

Mist curled around the Wolf House tightly. A part of Livia can sense it telling her to leave. If she were fully mortal or vulnerable to manipulations, then she would have allowed it to sink within her and go away. 

But she wasn't and the smoky appeal of the mist gave the building an otherworldly feeling. Fairy lights were sprung up around the structure. Situated in the middle was a table for two.

She recognized food catered from Flaming Skillet. There was a sound from a lyre playing around them.

It suddenly made a lot of sense why Daniele had cornered her this morning and dragged her to the salons in the city. 

(And also why Gwen had rushed into the hair salon as soon as she had gotten into the chair with products directly from her mother for Livia.)

Livia turned around. 

Jason stood behind her with a shy smile, a bouquet of krokus flowers in his hands.

"Jason."

"Do you like it?"

She smiled prettily, leaning in to press a kiss to his face. "I love it."

Jason mimicked her expression, taking one of the flowers and weaving it throughout her hair. "To new beginnings," he whispered as he pressed a kiss to her cheek and led her to the table.