Chapter 5

He goes out of the room and dials Jungkook's number as he notices its already time for Jungkook to be done with his shift. Jungkook answers the call on second ring,"Hey I was just about to call you. I am just done with my shift. I shall be on my way to pick Tannie up" Jungkook speaks

"Hey, you don't need to pick her up. Tannie is already asleep"+

"Oh! Then would you like to me to come get her in the morning?"

Taehyung frowns at the sudden formal tone in Jungkook's voice "Hey, why are you suddenly sounding so formal? Are you still in your work mode or did you forget my existence? Oh wait! you are with someone and you don't want them to know you have a handsome best friend? Or maybe, you are just trying to avoid our sudden opportunity at game night? Which one is it? Tell me honestly" Tae went on and Jungkook couldn't help the bubble of laughter rose out of his chest.

"Its none of the above Tae. Just stop exaggerating and be ready. I am coming over. I have leave tomorrow. Its finally weekend" He sighs loud.

"Thank god, my Kookie is back to normal. You scared me there for a little while" Tae pout's, the tone still ringing in his ears

"You are never gonna change. As always an over thinker." Jungkook shakes head with a smile. "So pizza or McDonalds?" He adds.

"No McDonalds please, Tannie already made me eat a whole meal. Lets go with Pizza" It slips out of Tae's tongue and he suddenly bites it, realizing what he has done. There is a sudden silence at the other end. Tae gulps "Kookie are you there?" he asks carefully as if, if he speaks loudly the sky is gonna crack and pour out monsters.

"You let her eat burgers and fries with coke? You did that? Oh God, I knew it. I shouldn't have allowed you to pick her up. No wonder she wishes to spend so much time with you and you are her favorite, cz you spoil her rotten. You just wait and watch what I do to you today" Jungkook breathes in one go. Taehyung squeaks at the sudden warning.

He knows Jungkook is only being playful. but he also knows that Jungkook hates Tannie eating outside junk food. But what could Tae do? I mean, have you seen her beautiful big doe puppy eyes she pulls? Tae is only a man with weak heart and Tannie has him wrapped around her small pinky finger. Tae breathes sharply to stabilize his heartbeat. "I am sorry Kookie, I will not do it again. I promise (with fingers crossed ofcourse, cz he cant resist Tannies puppy eyes)"

"Oh no no, you aren't getting over this with a sorry and a fake promise Tae, and please uncross your finger, I can feel it from here. You are dead meat today" Jungkook says and disconnects the call abruptly.

Tae heart beat speeds up. Whenever Jungkook uses his authoritative tone on Tae, he cannot help but feel extremely aroused. His cheeks are dusted with pink hues and his heart is beating out of his chest.

You see, Taehyung has been in love with Jungkook for as long as he remembers his own existence. Taehyung met Jungkook in college through Seokjin and they clicked instantly. Taehyung was studying law along with Seokjin and pursued his career in the same field. Since Taehyung and Jungkook met, they were inseparable. Jungkook always came to Taehyung for all his problems and vice a versa. It was in less then a year in their friendship that Taehyung realized his feelings for Jungkook.

However, he could never muster the courage to ever confess his feelings with the fear of losing the younger as a friend. He has always suppressed his feelings and also tried to date other people but with time he realized that his feelings are not going to just pass by.

When Jungkook got married, it broke Taehyung, and he almost decided to break off their friendship cz it was too much for him to deal with. His heart hurt and he felt horrible. The regret of never confessing his feelings over took his senses he slowly started drifting into depression.

One day he decided that he isn't going to just slack his life away for something that he has no control over. All their friends were well aware about Taehyungs feelings, the only person who was oblivious to it was Jungkook, and his friends helped Taehyung to stay away from Jungkook.

Whenever they were asked about Tae's whereabouts they smoothly avoided the topic stating he is busy and hasn't been in touch with anyone lately (lie, total lie). Taehyung avoided Jungkook for few months until one day he couldn't do it anymore and answered the call and felt his blood run cold at the youngers broken voice, cz that was the day when Jungkook found out about his wife cheating on him and the first person he thought about was Taehyung, to pour his heart out. Jungkook was a mess. He was crying so hard and Taehyung couldn't help the tears that slipped from his own beautiful brown eyes.

He left all the thoughts behind and drove as fast as possible to Jungkook's house and pulled the younger in a tight hug as soon as he saw him. He stayed with Jungkook there after and apologized for not being in touch after listening to youngers whole story.

He felt like a complete idiot of how he let his emotions take over his senses and left the younger alone in time of need. That night he had decided he is going to spend his entire time to make up for his foolishness, he would stay by Jungkook's side in every situation no matter what. He shall be his backbone and ensure to never leave his side, even if it breaks him to avoid his feelings, he shall do so. Taehyung was very upset with Jungkook when he decided to go ahead with accepting the child, but when Jungkook spoke his heart out, he felt nothing but happy and proud. Happy to finally see Jungkook smile, his real heartfelt bunny tooth smile. The shine in his doe eyes was irresistible. The way his face lit up with hope and happiness couldnt be avoided and hence Taehyung left all his doubts aside and again stood by Jungkook as he promised himself.

In all these years Taehyung has been the biggest support system to bring Tannie up. He has been someone who was like a second parent to Tannie.
For the child, Taehyung was her friend, her partner in crime, her happy place and her safe place. Taehyung was Tannie's person. As much as he was a confidante to Jungkook, he was also the biggest secret keeper for Tannie. That man had his whole life surrounded by the Jeons and he didn't even realize it. Taehyung belonged from a well to do family. Being the only son to the country's 2 renowned lawyers, he had enough to fend for himself for the rest of his life. however, Taehyung still worked cz he enjoyed being a lawyer. He ensured though that he doesn't bring his work home, he doesn't overwork himself and he is always free on weekends (please it is definitely not cz Jungkook has weekend offs). He ensures to spend at least 3 days in a week with Tannie and weekends with the father daughter duo. They are like a family and they haven't realized it yet.

*********************************************************

Hey Lovelies,

I think I am just going to multiple updates today as an apology for my delay in updates.

So, here is Tae's POV on his love for his Kookie. What your thoughts?

Also, going forward the chapters are going to be a little long as I don't want to add a lot of chapters.

I really hope you like it.

Keep smiling. You are precious 💕💜

Love,
Elee