Prologue

What A Royal Pain is still going through a current re-write, I am currently deployed as well as going to school. I apologize for this taking so long. Here is the new prologue as well as a few new chapters that have been finished. I have become a better writer since I first published this story a while back but I really hope you all love the new edits and the extra details that are included. 

*Rose*

I paced around my bedroom deciding what to wear for the first day of college. It's the beginning of the new school year and my best friend Autumn is waiting for me in my living room. "Now what to wear." I say to myself. I could go with a cute plaid dress or something a bit more sophisticated. A sudden knocking startled me as I was pacing in front of the different outfits, I had sprawled out across my queen-sized bed. "Rosey hurry up or we will be late, and you know how I feel about being late!" Autumn yelled. Feeling rushed I grab the easiest and fastest thing to put on and hurry out the door.

"Sorry, I was trying to figure out what to wear!" I tell Autumn as I make my way to the bottom of the stairs. Autumn looked me up and down and her smile soon turned to a frown. "Really Rose? Sweatpants and a hoodie! This is the first day of college our party years do you really think we will get invited anywhere with you wearing that?" She gestured to my ensemble that I had quickly thrown on. In my own opinion, I think fashion doesn't matter and it should not matter. If I am comfy then I am comfy.

"Come on let's just go, we are going to be really late if we don't leave right now!" she said and started pulling me by the arm towards the front door. "But food..." I tried to get out before she interrupted me. "No time for food, maybe you should have thought about that before you decided to take forever to get dressed and still came out looking like a toad." We were out the door and, in her car, before I could protest anymore.

Oh, pardon my lack of introduction my name is Rosella Marina Ventura. But all my friends and family call me Rosey or Rose. I live in a small country called Nirvana located off the southern tip of Italy. But we are not part of Italy. We speak varieties of different languages, mostly English though. The country is full of different types of people so it's not uncommon to come across somebody speaking a different language.

Our country's government is a bit different from most places, it's a monarchy. But if you don't know what that is it's where we have a King and Queen. To be exact King Toby Twinzer and Queen Maybelline Twinzer have ruled our country for about 25 years, and I've been living for 19 years of it. They have three children. The crowned prince (next in line) is Daniel. Who do I find to be an arrogant waste of something I can't say because that would be rude? You could say I didn't like him. Then there's young Prince Cameron he is my age. Well, he's 22 but still around my age. But he is totally off-limits to any girl. That's because he is openly gay. Yes, he does have a boyfriend, and nobody shuns him because of the way he is. And then there's sweet Princess Marie. Now she has a very sweet kind heart and gets along with everybody. She is 16 and a very strong girl for her age, a bit of a troublemaker just like her older brother Daniel. What we see on TV and in magazines are not the true people they are.

How do I know the princess and all about how the royal family? Well, if you want to know my father is the Prime Minister of Nirvana. My mother on the other hand is a stay-at-home mother. My father always has frequent visits to the Palace that I usually attend. I'm only there because I'm so intrigued with everything about politics, someday I hope that I can be a strong leader like him.

It's not only me though I wish I was an only child sometimes, I have an older brother and younger sister. Yes, sadly I am the middle child of this family, you know constantly looked over like I am not there. My brother is the reason the rules in the family are set and my sister is the reason the rules get bent and broken. So, I am pretty much just here. I can't wait to get out of college and move away from this place and start over.