Chapter 3

*Edward*

"Father you cannot expect Rosey to marry the crown prince!" I came home straight away when the king informed me that my sister was going to be forced to marry the crown prince. My father's face was turning redder than the tomato garden out back behind the house.

"Edward you must keep your mouth shut about this!" My father said urgently in a hushed tone, he looked around to see if there was anybody else. But I knew it was just father and I. Sam and Rose were both at school and mother was at work.

I'm upset that Rosey is going to be forced to marry someone she cannot stand a minute with, let alone a lifetime. "Dad how can you expect Rose to be okay with this, she doesn't like Daniel they never talk and any time she has tried to speak to him he brushes her off." I shook my head; this is going to be one of the biggest mistakes this family has ever made.

"She will be fine Ed, her and the prince will learn to get along and talk and communicate. Opposites attract do they not?" I sighed and rolled my eyes. "That is not necessarily true Dad. What about that boy she has been with for three years now?" I had forgotten all about Carter when the king approached me earlier.

"Ah yes, young Carter I think that's his name..." My father stopped and looked around. He is going to be crushed but not as much as Rose will be. They have been inseparable since they were younger. They have been best friends for as long as I can remember, just a little over 3 years ago things between them turned romantic.

"He will no longer be allowed to date Rosey." I could see the wheels turning inside his head, I cannot believe he is doing this to Rose. "But father you can't just do...." He soon held up a hand stopping me mid-sentence "Was I not the one who betrothed you to your beautiful wife? Did I not." The smug look on his face showed he knew he had won this argument.

"Yes, father but..." His hand shot up stopping me from continuing what I was going to say "And did you or did you not fall in love with her after a while? And do you or do you not have two wonderful children because of your marriage I arranged?" This was his winning statement; we had this discussion before about them finding Rose somebody to marry. Have they had this planned the whole time and just let her believe she had a choice in the matter of who to marry?

"Fine, I give up..." I turned to walk away, I could see the look in his eyes knowing what he said was right about me and my wife and our children. I do love her with all my heart, and I cherish my children more than anything in the whole world, but as I was leaving, I stopped just short, making sure not to turn around and look my father in the face. "When Rosey stops talking to you do not come complaining about it to me." I calmly walked from the room and out the front door. I need to return to the palace to finish preparations for dinner.

"Edward!" I had arrived at the palace, and I hadn't even made it inside when I heard the king's bellowing voice come from the front door.

"Yes, my king?" I bowed in front of him as I reached him at the top of the staircase. I still can't shake the feeling of how wrong this whole thing is. I know Rose and I don't have the greatest relationship since I left home but she is still my little sister and I must protect her, but this? I don't think I can do anything, the arrangement between my father and the king has been set in stone, and now it's just a matter of time.

"How did your talk with your father go?" I could see the king was excited to hear me report back how the conversation went with my father. Should I tell him how I truly feel about my parents just giving my sister away without considering her feelings at all? "It was... a conversation" I shrugged my shoulders "My father and I had an argument about the whole thing."

"Is he or is he not coming tonight? I sent you home to make sure that your family will be here tonight to give the news to everybody." I could see a small flash of concern on his face. Does he really think this whole thing is a good idea? Or does he not enjoy it either? Who knows about this? Does Daniel even know that he is going to be married?

"Yes, my family and I are all coming tonight for the..." I had to stop speaking as we suddenly got interrupted by Daniel himself. "Father!" I glanced at Daniel running more like sprinting down the hall, toward myself and the king. He looked to be a bit out of breath.

"I meet her, yet I did not tell her." The king and I looked at each other puzzled, Daniel has met Rose so many times in meetings and throughout the palace. Does he not recognize her? I saw the king tense up and then relaxed at his words.

"Sir if you will excuse me, I must finish the preparations for dinner tonight. Our guest should be arriving shortly." He flicked his hand at me as if to dismiss me, I bowed for both the king and prince. Am I going to have to bow to Rose once she marries this family?

I just hope she doesn't react the way I know that she will react. This is going to crush her, her dreams of following in Dad's footsteps, and her relationship with Carter. Her whole world is going to come crashing down tonight and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

*Rose*

"Sam, have you seen Edward anywhere? mother and father are looking for him." I walked into my little sister's room. I walked over to her dresser and started to mess around with a few loose pieces of jewelry she had laying on it. She should really put these up in her jewelry box, wouldn't want them to get ruined.

"He went to the palace to double-check the food..." She rolled her eyes at me and continued to flip through the vouge magazine in her hands. I could tell she didn't want to talk and that I was interpreting her grazing the fall looks that were sure to come out soon.

"Ah I see, he hasn't been answering my calls or texts all day. Could you try sending him a message?"

"Sure." She placed the magazine down and pulled her phone into her hands. I could slightly see her fingers zooming across the screen as she sent Edward a text. She placed her phone down once it was set and gave me a quick glance before her attention was pulled back to her browsing.

I left Sam's room and began making my way to mine. My mind was reeling about what had happened today at school. I shook my head and pulled my focus back to where it needed to be. Tonight, the whole family is going to a very important dinner, that's what Dad says. 'It will be a life-changing event for all of us.'

I heard his voice echo in my head as I remembered his pep talk to everybody two days ago. He was making this dinner out to be a life-changing event. I wonder if he is getting some kind of promotion, and he needs us all to be there to be his impressive whole-knit family.

I had to cancel plans with Carter tonight for this dinner. What's worse is that it is at the palace, and I am going to have to deal with Daniel for the evening. I was not allowed to invite Autumn, "It's just a dinner with us the King, and the rest of the royal family." My father's words rang through my head again.

Trust me, I have tried to be nice and talk to Daniel politely and try to like him, but he just pushes my buttons without even trying! It's like he was made to make me hate him, and the total opposite goes for the rest of the Royals. I love them all like family.

"Edward said he will just stay at the palace and wait for us." I heard Sam say to my parents at the bottom of the stairs. My attention snapped to the sudden sound of my family at the bottom of the stairs. I have been so lost in my head I forgot to start getting dressed.

"Okay... Rosey you must hurry we would not want to be late!" My mother called. I could hear the impatient tone in her voice. How long was I just standing there for? "I'm hurrying mother!" I called back.

I'm not even close to being ready, my hair is a mess and I have very little time before my mother comes up here and forces me into something completely random. What to wear, I started to panic a bit till my eyes landed on the prettiest dress I own. It's baby blue and flows down to my knees. It's spaghetti strapped and fits just right at the top. It hugs my curves in all the right places and has a soft flow the rest of the way down.

"Come on Rosey." Sam shows up in my doorway. I slip on some cute white flats and follow my sister out of the door.