Back To School

JULIETTE'S HOUSE
Juliette's POV

So, I'm currently at the dining room table, eating breakfast with my family, well my mom and dad, Elinor is out doing... whatever it is Elinor does.

For the past 30 minutes I've been trying to convince them to let me stay home, but so far no luck. I mean I would think that my mom would say yes to me staying home, knowing what she knows, but alas she doesn't seem to be budging even a centimeter, something about me already missing enough days after my suspension for the whole sneaking in school thing.

Ugh, they act as though I'm not a straight A student with a perfect GPA of 4.0, like I feel like one day isn't going to kill me, but whatever.

After a few more failed attempts at changing their minds with my amazing debating skills and totally adorable puppy dog eyes, I finally admit defeat, quickly finishing my food and leaving without saying goodbye, which I know is totally rude and uncalled for, but to be comeplely frank my hormones are completely out of whack and I'm not totally myself right now.... I think I deserve a pass.

On my way to the car, I seriously contemplate just skipping and go somewhere else, before quickly dismissing the idea, knowing my parents will find out some way or another.

So, with a defeated sigh, I hop in my car, and head to the nightmare that is commonly referred to as school.

-------------------

LANCASTER ACADEMY
JULIETTE POV

As I walk into the belly of the beast, I give myself a pep talk, attempting to manifest a peaceful, stress-free day. "You will be a-okay, today will be filled with peace and success, nothing can bring you down, the world is your oyster..." Alright, maybe that's a little too much, let's not over do it and end up jinxing myself.

So far everything is going okay, granted I just got here less than five minutes ago, but that's irrelevant. I think maybe, just maybe, Lilith finally decided to give me a break for once.

Now relaxed and in a slightly happy mood, I walk to locker with a little of my signature bounce in my steps, grabbing my books for next period, afterwards closing and locking my locker, before heading to my class- English.

Ugh, how could I forget? Today I have all three of the classes I share with Calliope, plus I also have to help with the Romeo and Juliet set, also with Calliope... God can this day get any worse.

Surely not, right...?

Wrong.

As I walked into class, a bit late, I looked around to see my normal table taken by a group of babbling hyenas babbling on about some boy or another, and oh what do you know the only freaking seat left in the entire class is the one right beside Calliope, who's staring at me with thinly veiled disdain.

I stand there, contemplating whether to walk over there and take a seat or just walk out of class and go literally anywhere but here, which seems like the better option more and more by the minute had it not been for the fact that my parents would probably literally murder me.

But maybe walking out is worth the guaranteed punishment from my parents? Yeah, it totally is.

Just as I start to turn towards the door to make a run for it, Mr. Thomas clears his throat loudly, gainingy attention. "Ms. Fairmont would you please take a seat, so I can get started? Contrary to your opinion, the world does not revolve around you, nor does it wait on you..." Ok, rude much.

I roll my eyes at him, before begrudgingly making my way to the seat next to the girl who stars in all of my sweetest dreams and most beautiful nightmares, noticing she's staring intently at me the entire time I'm walking towards the seat next to her, causing me to send her an eye roll, which she seems wholly suprised by.

When I reach the chair next to her, I notice her bookbag is in the chair, so I clear my throat, and gesture towards the chair, hoping she would catch the hint and move her bag out of the chair, so I can sit.

When she simply stared at me and rolled her eyes, I felt a lightning fast spark of anger flow through my body, causing my fangs to slightly pop out and a low hiss to form in my mouth.

Realizing I should probably calm down before I go full blown vamp in front of everyone, I place my hand on my barely visible baby bump, which serves to instantly calm me down.

Now much calmer and not on the verge of a full-on vampiric meltdown, I take a deep breath, before making direct eye contact with Calliope, and calmly ask her to move her bag off of the chair.

But once again, she just rolls her eyes, causing me to finally lose my temper, harshly snatching her bag off of the chair and throwing it on the floor next to me, causing her jaw to practically drop straight to the floor.

Feeling a bit proud for finally standing up for myself, I sarcastically smile at her, plopping down in my seat, before pulling out my notebook and pencil, pointedly ignoring her penetrating glare the entire time.

God, I'm already over this day, and it literally just now started like two seconds ago.

Another thing I'm completely over is her treating me like crap, like I know I messed up with the whole Theo thing, but that doesn't give her the right to treat me like this, especially since I was only trying to help, and it's not even like I even knew he was gonna be turned anyways.

Plus, it's not like being a vampire is the worse thing in the world, he's still Theo, he just happens to have a need for human blood now. I think her reaction to this whole Theo situation has now lead me to a new revelation that tells me all I need to know about how she truly felt about me this entire time, she never stopped seeing me as a monster, and I don't think she ever will... and that actually hurts me in a way, I don't think I will ever heal from.

This new revelation has me really rethinking telling her about the baby, they will definitely be vampires, will she ever be able to fully accept and love them as a parent should?

Based on her behavior towards me and her reaction towards Theo becoming a vampire, I really don't think so, and would I not be a bad mother if I potentially subject my daughter to a parent that could never love them wholely and completely?

But again, what if she does learn to get over her hate for "monsters" like me, unlikely, doesn't she deserve a chance to know her daughter, and doesn't our daughter deserve the chance to know her other mother...?

No longer wanting to think about such stressful things anymore, I finally decide to try turning off my thoughts and focusing on the lesson happening at the front of the classroom, all the while subconsciously rubbing my barely existent baby bump.

Unbeknownst to Juliette, Calliope curiously watches her rub her belly, before looking more closely at Juliette's belly, noticing a slight barely noticeable roundness that wasn't there before.

TBC

Alright y'all, here goes another chapter, how do y'all feel about everything in this chapter?

Can y'all see where Juliette is coming from with being conflicted over telling Calliope about the baby? Will she even have to?

If Calliope realizes Juliette is pregnant, do you think Calliope will put two and two together and realize it's her baby, or will she assume Juliette cheated on her?

Do y'all want a Calliope POV next?