The Talk (1)

JULIETTE'S HOUSE
Calliope's POV

So, right now I'm here at Juliette's house for our talk, and I can honestly say this is one of the most awkward moments in my entire life...and trust me I've had many.

We have been sitting here silently staring at each other for at least 5 minutes, waiting for the other to start off the conversation.

After another 5 or so minutes if awkward silence, I decide to end our suffering by biting the bullet and finally starting our much needed talk, "So, I wanted to-", "So, um, what did you-", but I guess we're both so in sync that we had the same idea at the same time, causing us to start talking at the same exact time.

We both abruptly stop talking, sending each other sheepish grins, "Sorry, you go ahead." I tell her with a little giggle.

She paused for a second as if to give me a chance to talk first, before taking a shaky breath, "O-okay, ummm, wh-what did you want to talk about...?" Awww, she's so nervous, so cute.

I give her a slight smile, in an attempt to alleviate some of her nerves, which seems to help a little, when she no longer looks like she's going to explode from her nerves, I grab her left hand between my own, ignoring the jolt of electricity that passes between our hands, "So, I kinda just wanted to talk about this whole Theo situation, and everything that's happened as a result of it. Like really lay everything out in the open, so we can hopefully move forward from it, as friends at least..." I softly say.

Friends? Yeah, who am I kidding? We could never be just friends, I mean even the mere thought of simply being friends with Juliette disturbs me all the way down to my core, down to my soul.

By the devastated look on her face, I would assume she feels the same way, "Fr-friends...?" She pauses, taking a deep breath, "Y-yeah, sure, whatever you want Calliope...", Juliette whispers in a broken voice, instantly causing me to tear up.

I quickly clear my throat, and subtly wipe my tears away, I look at her and shake my head, "As much as I hate it, and hate admitting it to you of all people, that is not what I want, not at all." She looks at me with a confused face, before asking the million dollar dreaded question, "S-so, what do you want then...?" Damn her.

I paused for what must of been a whole minute, truly racking my brain to the answer to her question, knowing that no matter how long and how deep I searched I would come up empty, the truth is I truly don't know what it is I want from Juliette.

Or maybe I do, and I just don't want to accept it.

I mean a part of me wants nothing more than to make her suffer for what she did to Theo-the hunter part of me.

However, an even bigger part of me only wants to forgive her, and allow myself to be with her wholly and completely without reservations-the lovesick teenager part of me.

Juliette clears her throat, snapping me out of my thoughts, "Um, that's the problem, I honestly don't know what I want, maybe ask me that again later, who knows I might have an answer." I slightly frown at her disappointed face, "Anyways, this isn't what I came here to talk about..." Well, that was only partially a lie.

-

Juliette's POV

I look at her for a second, waiting for her to tell me what it is she feels we need to talk about, but when she remains silent, I let out a barely audible huff, "Well, what is it that you want to talk about, if not that...?" I hope it's not about what I think it is...

She silently looks at me for a few more seconds, before looking away with a sigh, "Theo. I wanted to give us the chance to really talk about that situation, and everything else that happened as a result of it." Shit, I was afraid this is what she wanted to talk about, "I want you to tell me your side of everything, I realized I never really gave you a chance to explain, and I'm truly sorry for that." Well, maybe this won't be so bad after all ..

I silently gather my thoughts, preparing myself for a likely painful conversation, but I guess she takes my silence as me not wanting to talk about it because she quickly says, "I-is that okay with you? We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, I mean it would be great, but-", I lay my hand on her shoulder-again ignoring the jolt-and wait for her to look in my eyes, "Hey, hey, it's okay. I do want to talk about it, I'm just nervous is all..." I also send her a reassuring smile to make sure she understands I'm okay with having this talk.

She gives me a bright smile, which makes my heart flutter like the wings of a butterfly, "Okay good, I really think this talk is long overdue, which is my fault, but I just wasn't ready yet. I am now though." I've been waiting for this moment for what seems like an eternity, so why am I suddenly so apprehensive about it...?

She looks at me with a light smile, but I guess she notices my apprehension because she begins to slightly frown, "Hey, no need to be nervous, I promise I will do my best to keep things peaceful and as judgement free as possible. I will try and listen to you free of any bias or prejudice." By the look on her face, I can tell she's being honest.

Hearing her heartfelt words, I begin to relax slightly, I begin to lightly rub my belly, quickly stopping whenever I notice her watching me intently with furrowed brows, I clear my throat to snap her attention away from my belly, which unbeknownst to her currently houses our child, "O-okay, well thank you, um I guess we can just jump right in then..." I guess we're having this talk then, yayyy... Note the sarcasm.

TBC

Here goes another chapter, I decided to split this one in two because I have a lot planned for this chapter and I didn't want it to get too long, part 2 will likely be longer, and it will definitely be very very significant plotwise, this will lay the foundation of an important storyline... Lol all I'm gonna say is prepare to hate me in a little bit.

Part 2, will most likely be out next weekend, I don't have free time during the weekdays anymore because I just got a new job.

Anyways, how do y'all feel about this one?

Do y'all think Calliope expects something, with the way she was looking at Juliette when she was rubbing her belly?

Thoughts on Juliette?

Thoughts on Calliope?

❤️🌻