Ten

Ranka was accompanied by the Host Club, and together they were tailing Haruhi to the supermarket. There was no point to hiding, other than to spy on Haruhi. And also because the cross dresser wanted to be seen with the handsome men of the Host Club.

A motorcycle sped down the street, and stopped a few feet ahead of Haruhi.

"Is that...Maki-kun?" Ranka guessed. He wasn't wearing a helmet so he saw his blonde hair. Only the rider in the back had a helmet on. He watched as the female dismounted the bike, and took off her helmet to reveal his eldest daughter. "Hanabi....!!!!" He growled.

Hanabi shook her head as she took off the helmet, really not liking how constricting it was. "That was fun, but I don't think I'd ever do it again," she laughed.

Maki took the helmet from her, "that's a shame, I liked having your arms around me."

She rolled her eyes, "see you later, Maki-senpai."

Maki turned his head slightly to make eye contact with those of the Host Club, having seen them as he passed by. They stiffened in response, and gained irk marks as he smirked at them. Before Hanabi could join her sister, he grabbed the top of her head, pulling her back to place a kiss on her temple. She froze.

"See ya." He quickly placed his helmet on and rode off before she could attempt to punch him.

Hanabi regained consciousness just as he pulled away from the curb. "Maki-senpai! You idiot!" She pulled off her shoe and attempted to whip it at him, obviously failing. "Who the hell does that little shit think he is? He stole my first temple-kiss!!!! I was saving that! Haruhi!!!"

"What do you want me to do about it?" Haruhi continued walking.

"Give me a hand wipe? Or sanitizer! You have hand sanitizer, right? If I wipe it off within ten seconds it doesn't count! Haruhi! Wait for me! I don't have my shoe!"

"And whose fault is that?"

"It's already been 10 seconds! 20 seconds then! Haruhi, help me!"

Behind the two girls, Ranka was just starting to retrieve his soul again.

They eventually all made it to the market. Ranka was hiding behind some shelving with Tamaki, and explained why he felt the need to spy on the girls. It was all for good, fatherly reasons.

The two lost their mother at a really young age. They took it upon themselves to handle all the household chores, including the shopping. They insisted that they were fine on their own, but what father wants to hear that? He watched them from afar, so proud of his daughters, but also saddened because they were forced to grow up before he was ready to let them. He often followed them when the were younger, just so he could be there if they ever did need him.

Tamaki was somehow able to relate to Ranka's feelings for his daughters. But Ranka knew Tamaki held romantic feelings for one of them. It wasn't hard to figure out which one, either. In a fit of anger, he ended up throwing Tamaki right in front of the her. He watched with sad eyes as Haruhi smiled.

Haruhi was happier lately. She was having more fun, and enjoying school more. And he knew it was thanks to the Host Club. He knew that one day, he wouldn't be able to follow her anymore. But that day wasn't today.

But Hanabi, she was always happy, and easily excitable. He worried about her when she started making money for the family, but how could he tell her to stop when she was so happy to do it? Right, she was always happy. But as he watched her with the two boys, he noticed a change in her, too.

She had a light blush painted on her cheeks, and her smiles seemed much warmer. Her head was almost constantly tilted upwards because her eyes focused on him.