Chapter 39

That night Giyong was laying on her bed, trying to get some sleep but, however was not able to. She was twisting and turning in the bed for one hour now,but still no luck, so she decided to go out on the terrace and have some fresh air.

It was a really breezy night and it felt really good. She put on her earphones and played her good old favourite playlist enjoying the view full of stars.  She was deeply lost in the moment, that's when someone tapped her shoulder. Giyong turned around to find out it was Taehyung.

"Do you mind if I sit?" he politely asked with a smile on his face and she nodded in response

"so, you mind? or is it okay?" he teased her

"oh! just sit" she pulled his arm down to make him sit, causing Taehyung to chuckle

He sat there looking around for some time, "are we still friends?" he asked her breaking the silence. she glances at him before answering, "of course, we are still friends Tae" then she glances away. "come here" he pulls her into his arms, cuddling up with her. "what are you doing?" she tries to lose free but he just again pulls her in, "just come" he says whining, pulling her back. Giyong gives in, feeling comfortable around him, she wraps her arms around his waist.

"you know, you are going to do great in that mission thing tomorrow, right?" he speaks very softly. She inhales deeply, "I know. I am the best" she gloats hugging him a bit tighter.

"you should hangout a little less with Jin hyung" Taehyung laughs

"never. ever. gonna. happen" she firmly replies making an eye contact. Taehyung was still tittering

"if you are not worried about the mission, then what made you come here?" He puts a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I was just having trouble sleeping" she puts her head on his chest. Taehyung starts patting her back smoothly. Giyong closed her eyes, resting for a bit, "this feels nice" she rubbed Taehyung's back, "I know" was all he could say. "No really, is it 100% cotton?" She giggles pulling his tshirt, meanwhile Taehyung just rolled his eyes then joined her laugh.

They became quiet and the noise of the breezy wind whistling, faint voices of the traffic, and a few insects chirping at late night were heard.

After much stillness, Taehyung spoke, "I missed this. I missed you." He exhales, "Giyong I still-" as he gazes at her face, he finds that she is asleep. He watches her sleeping figure and smiles thinking how adorable she looks at that moment.

He carries her in his arms, towards her house. He was surprised that she didn't change her pass-code even after this many years. He gently places her on her bed.

Taehyung bends down on the side of the bed, watching her. He watches her sleeping peacefully, her chest rising and falling with each breath. He puts a strand of hair away from her eyes, and caresses her cheek gently, "I-I love you" he whispers and brings his face closer to her, he kisses her forehead and stands up to leave.

***

"Jeon, this is the 3rd time you are telling me to change the dress now. I am going like this " Giyong grabs her purse to walk out but Jungkook stops her.

Giyong has been getting ready to meet Adrian on the date. Today was the day they were going to catch him.

But Jungkook has been asking Giyong to change every dress she is wearing, considering them as revealing.

"You collar bones are showing"
"Your cleavage is showing"
"Your waist is showing"
"Your legs are showing" he has been on and on like this for an hour now, which is annoying Giyong very much.

"What's wrong with this dress? It's knee length Jungkook" she gives him a death stare but doesn't seem to affect Jungkook at all, "yes, that's the problem. Don't you own fully covered clothes"

"Ok that's it! I have had it up to here Jeon" she places her hand above her head, "I am going now. Bye" she walks away only to be pulled back by Jungkook.

He pushed her towards the wall and placed his one arm on the wall near her waist and another near her head, trapping her between his body, "I am not letting you go out like this" he stares directly into her eyes, "are you trying to seduce him or what?" He was clearly speaking out of jealousy, which Giyong now understood.

"Jungkook, listen to me carefully." She gently hugs him tightly "He is expecting me to come on a date. I have to dress like it. Okay?" He gave into her hug And she slowly turned him towards the wall.

She immediately lets go of him and makes a run for it "so I will go now" She grabbed her purse as fast as possible and sprinted out of the room, leaving a confused yet impressed Jungkook  behind.

"Hey! Wait for me" he ran after her realising he have to go there too.

***

Giyong came at the restaurant Adrian texted her about. She approached towards the entry gate, where she saw Adrian. He was wearing a blue suit, and pushed back hairs, looking all kinds of charming. He was holding a bouquet of pink roses in his hands.

Adrian saw Giyong from afar and shyly waved at her. She waved back gradually walking towards him. He gave Giyong the bouquet which were going very well with her pink dress. They both went inside the restaurant.

Adrian was acting like a total gentleman and Giyong was very surprised to see that. However, after they had dinner and some small talks, she suggested to go to a park for a walk where other's were already there.

Giyong could have arrested him by now but she knew his bodyguards were surrounded around them and keeping a watch over him.

After reaching the park, Giyong was waiting for the signal from Jungkook that they have knocked out the bodyguards and she can now catch Adrian.

"So, what do you do for a living?" He asked her but she was lost in her own thoughts, "huh!?"

"what do you do for a living?" He repeated

"I am between jobs" she simply said walking ahead

"Giyong. Go" Jungkook gave her the signal and she wasted no time. She grabbed Adrian's arms and twisted them behind his back. She kicked him between the knees to make him kneel.

Giyong asked him to place his hands behind his head, pointing a gun at him.
"I am sorry. I have to do this" she was about to punch him unconscious but he yelled, "wait" he was slowly moving his hands trying to pull something out from his shirt, "place your hands back, or else I'll shoot" she warned him but he was still reaching for something, "I said place your hands back" she was about to fire her gun but he pulled out a wire and placed it beside him, placing his hands on his head again.

Giyong was puzzled, She had no choice but to punch him right now so she did.

Nevertheless she did check that wire, "what's that?" Jungkook asked on approaching her, "microphone" she mouthed it without speaking anything, whomever placed the microphone might listen to them.

Jungkook took that from her hands and
Crushed it with his foot, "why was he wearing a microphone? On a date?"

"I don't know Jeon, only he can answer that." She glanced at his unconscious body.