Friday

I've woke up energetically and not tired, which is rare. Is it because it's Friday? Kai's back? Miss Taylor's potential last day? Who knows. I remember we've got an assembly first thing so I better brush my teeth, get dressed, find something to eat, grab my phone and leave to meet the girls. 

I arrive earlier than I usually do but at least I'll be able to get to the hall without a bunch of kids running around and will have a chance to talk to people. I spot Aljaž and Janette so I make my way over to speak to them since no one else has turned up yet. I ask them what they think the assembly will be about and they also think it'll be about Miss Taylor. It gets busier quite quickly so we decide to head inside and sit and chat until Mr Jamieson appears. 

"Good morning, everyone. There are two things I want to speak about. The first thing is for you all, the second is only for the year 13s so the rest of you may then go to your class. You might have heard from some teachers and students that today is Miss Taylor's last day as a teacher here. She has broken too many rules just of this week such as hitting students, unnecessarily yelling at most students, disallowing students to go to the toilet when they have a medical note... the list goes on. This is completely unacceptable, and she knows about this. From next Monday, you will all have a new English teacher. Year 13s please stay seated, the rest of you can go to your class." This next talk is definitely about exams, ain't it? "You all have exams in just over a week, so taking notes of everything you're being taught in class is crucial and revise this weekend, next week and the week after before your exam. You have all worked so hard, I don't want you to waste the past six years worth of learning here. Final thing. I caught a student smoking yesterday lunchtime." Aljaž looks around for Giovanni, but it seems he's not here. "You are firstly underage, so god knows how the hell you managed to get them, and it is a violation of our school policy. If any of yous get caught by a member of staff, they report back to me which I will then hand out consequences, whether that is a detention, phoning your parents, or possibly phoning the police. Either way, you will be in a lot of trouble. You may now go to your first class."

We all walk into English and Miss Taylor is sitting at her desk. She catches Gorka walking past with his hand in a cast. "Bit over-exaggerated with the cast, don't you think?" she says while looking at her computer. "No?" She rolls her eyes. "You also sorta deserve those marks on your arm." I glare at her. Did she really just... did she... huh?! "I wonder who fucking made him do it," I say. She gives me that look but she deserved that. She then looks at the screen then at us... then back to the screen... so I'm guessing she's doing the register. I look at the clock - it's only 9... forty-five minutes to go. This is going to be the slowest class ever, ain't it? "I'm going to put some notes on the board, I want you to write everything down for revision. There will be things like punctuation, differences between there, their and they're... basics you'll need and the rest that you've already learned is up to you." Oh cool, we're going back to Primary school level... is it because she can't be arsed teaching us because it's her last hour with us? I decide to write nearly everything down because at least it gives me something to do until the bell goes. I manage to write about two full pages then we're free! Time for History!

Let's hope that Kai's not going to have another incident like yesterday! I bet we're either going to write things off the board the whole hour, write things then watch a film, watch a film for the entire hour, or write, watch and chat. It's usually something like that but that's why I like History. She doesn't really mind if we slack off and talk to her for a bit. "How are you feeling today, Kai?" Ms Fraser asks him as he walks in behind me. "Better! They've not fought today... yet." We sit in our seats while she turns the projector on. Suddenly the phone rings and makes me jump like it usually does. "Ali, can you check the reg while I get that? Don't press anything, just make sure everyone on the list is here." Oh, we've got Mr Škorjanec as our teacher today. Better behave. "Hello? I do have him in my class, do you want me to send him up? Alright will do. Thanks, bye." She puts the phone down. "Kai, you need to go and see your brother at the office."