Part 10

His lips were soft.

It was an impulsive and foolish gesture, taking the initiative to close the gap. If Kim Rok Soo had the space and time to really think about what he'd done, he'd certainly have quite a few words for himself.

But the moment his lips touched Choi Han's, the atmosphere of the room changed. Electrified with emotion and pent up long and Choi Han's arms snaking around his waist as the kiss was returned eagerly.

Kim Rok Soo didn't have the presence of mind to wonder about that either.

It just felt natural and easy. Like everything with Choi Han. How easily the man slid into his life and how now he couldn't imagine it without Choi Han.

Choi Han pulled him closer, deepening the kiss without any hesitation and Kim Rok Soo let out a gasp in response. He wanted this. He knew that. He just wasn't quite ready for the enthusiasm that Choi Han offered.

Slowly, his shattered thoughts caught up to the situation at hand.

He was kissing Choi Han. In bed. With the children only a room away.

He pulled away with a gasp, panting lightly and trapped in Choi Han's gaze.

Wow.

His onyx eyes were always expressive. Deep and emotional and full of kindness. But now... well, he'd never quite seen that look in Choi Han's eyes.

It stole his breath away.

"...you kissed me." Kim Rok Soo said, his face a mask of confused incomprehension.

Choi Han smiled sheepishly and it was just so endearing that Kim Rok Soo was tempted to kiss him all over again. "You kissed me first."

"...right. I kissed you." Kim Rok Soo said blankly, heart pounding loudly in his chest. "Then you kissed me."

Worry flickered across Choi Han's expression and it gave Kim Rok Soo the impression of a kicked puppy. Choi Han's gentle hand caressed his cheek gently as he asked with painful fear on his sleeve. "...do you regret it?"

Did he?

Kim Rok Soo blinked owlishly and shook his head, a slow smile spreading across his face as his heart and mind finally danced in sync with one another.

"No." He said, running his thumb along Choi Han's lips and delighting in the way color flooded his cheeks. "Do it again."

Choi Han obliged.

After all, he loved it when Kim Rok Soo was upfront with what he wanted and he was more than happy to do whatever he demanded.

The kiss was sweet and soft. Simple and full of affection.

Kim Rok Soo could spend his time bemoaning what a fool he'd been or ask how Choi Han felt but why should he ask the obvious or spend his time wallowing?

He had exactly what he wanted.

It was just that simple.

Strangely, nothing really changed all that much.

Choi Han still spent most of his time at Kim Rok Soo's apartment, hints that they might just decide to move in together hanging wordlessly in the air, the children still spent their days happily causing chaos, and Kim Rok Soo still worked too much.

But now he got chaste little kisses from Choi Han when the adorable man would taste test his cooking and he spent most nights wrapped up in his arms while the children piled around him.