033,

EPISODE EIGHTthe battle of starcourt

EPISODE EIGHT
the battle of starcourt.

NOVA WAVED awkwardly at jim hopper who was holding eleven, and an ice pack against her head. he smiled briefly at her, ruffling her hair as joyce side hugged her whilst the bald man in a vest had walked away.

"the mind flayer...it built this monster in hawkins, to stop el, to kill her and pave a way into our world." mike continued to explain to the adults. "and it almost did. that was just one tiny piece of it."

"how big is this thing?" hopper asked as nova went back to sitting next to max and lucas.

"it's big. thirty feet, at least."

"yeah...it sorta destroyed your cabin...sorry." lucas smiled awkwardly as hoppers face dropped and he sighed, not looking impressed.

"okay, so just to be clear. this...big fleshy spider thing that hurt el, it's some kind of gigantic...weapon?" steve asked,

"yes." nancy nodded, sighing. "but instead of, like, screws and metal, it made its weapon...with melted people." he finished as they all nodded. "yes, exactly."

"okay, yeah. just making sure." steve nodded.

"are we sure this thing is still out there? still alive?" joyce spoke up with a frown.

"el beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive." max nodded.

"but if we close the gate again—" will began, "we cut the brain off the body." max nodded, seeing what he was saying. "and kill it...theoretically." lucas finished.

"yoo-hoo!" the bald man came running back, papers in his hand as nova let out a yelp, not expecting a sudden loud noise before covering her mouth as lucas laughed at her as she shoved him into the fountain, luckily the water had been drained overnight.

he slammed the papers down, and it was a map. "okay. this is what alexei called 'the hub'." he began, "now, the hub takes us to the vault room."

"okay, where's the gate?" hopper asked as the bald man looked at him.

"right here. i don't know the scale on this, but i think it's fairly close to the vault room, maybe fifty feet or so."

"more like five hundred." erica spoke up as the man raised his brows at her. "what, you're just gonna waltz in there like it's commie disneyland or something?"

"i'm sorry, who are you?" the man said as hopper raised his brows at erica.

"erica sinclair, who are you?" she crossed her arms.