Chapter 1

"Dinah, get up!" "Ma, I said I'm not going!" "You can't sit in your room all day, go out there, be a normal teenager!" "By being a normal teenager,do you mean lie,cheat and steal your alcohol and make-up?" "No, baby you know what I mean,I'm worried about you, all you do is sit in this room, I miss the old Di" " Yeah well keep missing her 'cause she's gone."
Those were usual arguments with my mother...
"Get up, and go support your brother at his basketball game! I'm not asking you , I'm telling you!"
I got up, took a shower and threw on the most random clothes I owned.
When we arrived at my little brother's school, my mother made me go and find seats for us, I took a seat near an old couple. "Hi young lady, are you here to watch someone play?", they kindly asked. "Uhm yeah, my little brother ,Richard, he's number 8", I said back. They just gave a friendly smile. Halfway through the game a girl about my age came and sat next to me. She was pretty but she wore alot of make-up. "Pas de mère, bien sûr que je ne veux pas être ici. Je voulais aller au cinéma avec mes amis", I heard her say. It sounded like french. She accidentally spilled her popcorn all over me."OH MY GOD!", I yelled as I was covered in hot butter. "OH, I am so so so sorry, I should really be more careful, I'll go get you some napkins to clean that up!" She said. "No no, It's ok I'll just go clean it up myself", I replied. "Ok but atleast let me pay for your shirt, please", she protested. "Ok fine", I said defeated. "I'm Regina by the way", she said introducing herself. "Hmm, nice to meet you, I have to go now", I replied, I was so over shallow teenage girls that were the copy and paste version of barbie."Before you go, can I get your  number so I can repay you, I have no cash right now" "Ok fine, (555) 555-1234." " K, thanks, I'll call you!" And that was how I met Regina  Blanchet, and I didn't know it at the time but she was my best friend.