ALT. EXTENDED 1 - First Fall

Princess Yoo sighs contentedly, twirling the sword. She crosses one of her legs over the other as Celestia Malum and Celestia Bonum of Diluna shine behind her. Materials gleam purple as well, as they start to form the New Diluna from the rubble.

Red glimmer catches her eye. To her left, a book survives the demolition. It comes to her draped in red glow, laid open and ready to be read. Pictures form from the neat penmanship instead, and Princess Yoo is locked in place.

 Pictures form from the neat penmanship instead, and Princess Yoo is locked in place

"I miss you," Gahyeon...?

"What happened to you?" Handong...

"Who knew it was you all along?" Siyeon- I-

"Oh, Yoohyeon..." Bora, wait!-

"..." Yubin please listen-

"Why?" ...

Minji... "This is your diary," Yoohyeon whispers.

"The two moons came in a dream! I'm to have things called visions now, They said. Something about Yoohyeon and the throne... About rebuilding Diluna. Is that not a good thing?"

"It wasn't." Comes Minji's haunting voice. Even if it's just a vision, the sound holds so much regret. Perhaps mirroring that of Yoohyeon's?

"I have seen greatness and destruction. It is truly terrifying to know both the good and bad ending. We must hope Yoohyeon shines red. The red moon- Celestia Bonum- is good. The purple- Celestia Malum- is bad. They told me and They know. The universe requires balance, They said. But would They not be able to deduce whether to anoint her purple or red? Many questions seek to be answered."

Everyone else is turning from Yoohyeon and fading away. Minji stays, perched on the armrest of the throne.

"I have to stop her from ascending. I fear the dinner being held is going to be the trigger of destructive events. But alas, it is the only way I can figure out if she has been granted purple or red."

Yoohyeon begins to cry. Her chest hurts, like a million needles are stabbing her simultaneously in the middle of her chest. She sobs loud and fearless. Who is there to judge or hear her anyway? They've all... gone.

Even if her touch can't be felt, Minji puts a hand on Yoohyeon's shoulder and it makes her cry even more. "You have not upset me, Sister. It was simply what you were fated for. Perhaps one day we shall see Diluna rise and stay." Her words hit Yoohyeon like fire rain. "I wish I was red. I'm so sorry,"

Yoohyeon breaks free from the hold and crumples in the throne. Now sitting here, it feels wrong and the stone feels cold. She can't stop crying until her eyes run out of tears and screaming until her throat can produce no more sound.

"I want to go home."

She stands up and looks to Celestia Bonum. "Bring me home." The last thing she sees is a glowing red. And she falls...

It's soft.

"Happy coronation day!"

"Rise now, Yoohyeon, or you will be late."

"I propose we let her continue slumber; who next aspires to be crowned Queen?"

"Me!-"

"Enough trickery, sisters..." Minji...?

"The sun has risen, Yoohyeon. It is your day of coronation as the Queen Yoo of the Kingdom of Diluna." What an odd thing to say...

Opening her eyes, Yoohyeon sees all her sisters in her room. Everything looks the same, even the morning sunlight coming through the windows. Everyone is... fine?

"You look troubled." Minji seems to know something, or is keeping something tucked away behind that sly smile.

"...What happened?"

Minji chuckles, helping Yoohyeon out of bed. Her voice quietens, "Fret not, sister. You have just altered history. Blessed Celestia Bonum sensed your true heart and it was strong enough that time itself bended to your will." Oh.

With a final push, Yoohyeon is dragged around to get ready for her coronation. Despite the parties and loud celebration, she has a suspicion that the others have no idea about the altercation to time itself. She reminds herself to only keep this between her and Minji.

The others don't have to know.