Dying is an art.

Soul Ripper

Soul Ripper. ╱ 2022.
enemies to lovers & second chance romance.

For best reading experience,
a black background is recommended.

I loved him.        (I think.)
                      Shameless.
Laid before him,
                         stupid lamb
                                in a
                                         slaughterhouse.

──── Karese Burrows

The Commission was a prison for Anastasia Romanov.

The sunlight on the timeline felt so much warmer. Maybe it was because she was assigned to retire in Texas, or maybe it was the light of freedom on her face. Either way, Anastasia was ready to move on and heal from the horrors of the Commission and her life before.

It wasn't easy to forget. She knew it wouldn't be. Even after a century, Anastasia could still hear the gunshots ripping through her father's body, her little brother's quiet whimpers, and the soldiers' shouts as she ran for her life through the forest. How could she now try to forget her son's dying breaths? Or her husband's infidelity? His stoicism during the divorce?

It haunted her — he haunted her.

Five Hargreeves did what he did best and found Anastasia, ruining her life yet again. Drunk and panicked, he recounted his failed attempt to save his family and the world. And after what felt like hours, he convinced Anastasia to help him stop doomsday, despite her heart screaming to let him fail, clawing at her ribs.

Five was a liar and a good one with a secret to tell in hopes she might not look at him like he's a monster. Anastasia doesn't think she can take another soul-ripping tragedy.