seven

chapter seven:shades of wrong── © websofopacity ──

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

chapter seven:
shades of wrong
── © websofopacity ──

Night fell over Dallas, blanketing the city in a carpet of constellations

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Night fell over Dallas, blanketing the city in a carpet of constellations. Anastasia waited to take Raymond under her care, trying to focus on the man she was already tending to. She saw Allison whisper something in the officer's ear. He immediately ceased hitting Raymond and walked away, hypnotized. Ray looked at his wife with a confused and terrified countenance. Blood from the gash on his forehead ran down his dark skin like a stream as he scampered away from Allison as she called for him to return. A man with a goatee and long brown hair pulled Allison from the scene.

Ray sighed and followed Anastasia to her car. He sat on the edge of Anastasia's trunk while she rummaged around for gauze and medical tape. She didn't have much in her kit, just the essentials. Anastasia found supplies her older sisters used while treating soldiers during World War I, which she later used in World War II.

"You should find Allison. She'll be worried about you," Anastasia said after moments of silence, despite the shouting and sirens in the background.

"I don't know. She's... not who I thought she was," Ray replied hesitantly.

"Not sure I can defend you here. You fell in love with a woman you thought was mute. She's not mute anymore and can tell you who she is. Allison loves you, Raymond. If you don't find her, it will be a while for her to find you," Anastasia explained as she finished the last taping on his head. "There. You're all set." She looked Raymond in his dark eyes. "Please, be extra safe tonight and try to get some rest. It's not going to be easy for a little bit because of the pain, but you'll be alright."

Anastasia let Ray go. He slid off the edge of her trunk, wishing her a good night. She patched up several more injured protesters and packed up for the night. She had to meet Five, Diego, and Lila at the Mexican Consulate to spy on her ex-father-in-law. She changed into her little black dress in her car and drove to the party.

"Look who finally showed face," Lila remarked, pointing at Anastasia walking up to the three standing outside the house.

Five turned around and looked her up and down, maintaining his blank expression. "You're overdressed for our part of the operation."