2. Introductions

Since I am going to the Smiths house for dinner, I decide to change my clothes. Something more presentable I suppose. I walk into my bedroom, and glance at my closet. A cherry-red shirt catches my eye. I slip it on and put on jeans. Looking in the reflective glass of my mirror, I meet the color of my eyes and see my lengthy waves of voluminous hair. A bit of eyeshadow highlights my eyes nicely. 

I walk out of my front door and walk across the street to the white house of the Smiths. Knock knock knock. As I knock the door. I can't help but feel a flutter of nervousness rattling around in the pit of my stomach. I stand up a little straighter as I wait. I hear someone inside say "Summer could you get that?" it sounds like Beth. The door opens and I see a teenage girl with red hair. She looks up from her phone and says "Hey, you are the new neighbor, right?" I respond "yes, that's me y/n." I see Beth in the living room, and she says warmly, "come on in!" 

I walk inside and see that I am in a hallway on my left is the dining room. I see Morty sitting at the table along with who I assumed was Beths husband. Beth motions to him and said, "this is Jerry my husband." Jerry looks at me and says, "Hi I'm Jerry" and puts out his hand to shake mine." I say "I know Beth just told me" I look at Jerry confused as to why he said that. I hear someone laugh as well and I look over to see them at the end of the table. 

 At the end of the table sits an older gentleman with wild blue hair. He seemed to be working on some sort of contraption. I am instantly curious as to what he is working on. He looks up and speaks "And I'm Rick Sanchez." He quickly looks back at what he is doing as if he couldn't care less. Beth says, "that's my dad" and sighs. She heads into the kitchen. Everybody sits down and I end up with the seat next to Rick. 

Jerry is playing a game on his phone where you pop balloons for coins. The "pop ballop" sound of the game is starting to get on my nerves.  I think Rick may have noticed my frustration because he says, "Jerry could you stop with your damn balloon game or at least mute it?" I can't help but smile to myself and I hold back a laugh. Beth walks back in and starts setting dishes on the table of mac and cheese with broccoli. She sets one in front of you, and you say, "thank you." "You are welcome." After she sits down, she asks me "So, y/n what do you do for a job?" I say, "I sell my own inventions for a living." Beth says "really?" and looks surprised. "Yeah, why are you so surprised?" I ask as I smile. Beth says, "no it's just that my dad is an inventor as well." 

Rick looks at me squinty-eyed like he is thinking and speaks "y-yep but you probably wouldn't even understand the inventions I make." He says nonchalantly. I just laugh softly, a bit surprised at this. And I say thoughtfully in return: "you may be surprised Rick." I say it in a playful tone. He laughs and says, "I doubt it." I got him to laugh at least I consider that a win. This guy is definitely difficult to open up, I can tell.

Morty says "Cmon Rick she's our guest you should be nice to her y-y-you know?" Rick just looks at the device he is working on and says "whatever Morty." 

As tension rises with Rick, I feel it is my cue, I stand up. "Well, I got to be going now, nice meeting you all, Beth the dinner was amazing you should give me the recipe." Beth says, "Thank you, that means a lot, we would all love for you to come over again sometime. " I say my goodbyes and head back home. 

As I walk back home, I think how I am glad I met them. This new neighborhood doesn't seem so bad. The cool breeze hits my skin until I arrive inside my comforting house.  I dress in my pajamas. Royal Blue silk that feels cool and smooth against my skin. As soon as my head hits my pillow, I notice how tired I was and basically pass out.