Chapter 2

Knowing that my first target was my old boss, I had planned a way to kill him. I had been training for two weeks.

It was Monday, and I have school. It turned out Fin also had school, but he was sixteen, dating a girl named Cynthia. I had met her when I ran into Fin at school. She was a nice girl, ginger with blue eyes. The bell had rang and we all separated to do go our classes. I found my chair next to my best friend Olivia who had dyed her hair pink. Her hair color seems to change everyday.

Class was boring as usual. It felt like 3 days had passed when the bell finally rang. I got up and went to my locker to get ready for my next class. I grabbed my books and project, when I ran into Tyler, the annoying guy in my social studies class.

"Ew, it's Everly," He said. "Ew she has rabies." I pushed him out of the way, and walked to my next class, which was math, although when I reached math, something didn't seem right. A girl, who I rarely talked to wasn't there, and she was always there. I am probably overthinking it. I thought. I proceeded to walk to my chair and sit down.

Math class felt like it lasted for years. When the class period was finally over, I left the room faster than a speeding bus. I got my books and things. Two more classes passed by and it was finally lunch time. Every grade was having lunch, so know was my opportunity to kill Remi. I snook out of the school and ran to the dollar store. At the checkout, my old boss, Remi García.

I grabbed something to pretend to buy, and walked up to the checkout. My head was down so he couldn't see me, and I pretended not to have enough cash as well. "Well we could check the back for more, of this brand, come with me." Perfect. He was leading me to the rooms in the back of the store, which I had my hand jacket pocket, ready to pull out the knife that was secured in the pocket.

When we reach the room in the back I looked around. The place was huge, with a tall ceiling and a bunch of varieties of toys, supplies and more. As I was looking around Remi looked at me. "Wait, Everly Addis?" Oh no my cover! I tore the knife put pf my pocket and threw it at his stomach. He ducked but not fast enough. The knife stuck his neck and he collapsed to the ground. I flipped him over so he was laying on his back, then I took the knife out of his neck and started stabbing him repeatedly.

Thirteen stabs. Remi García was dead. I felt crazy. My hands and jacket had blood all over them. I hid the knife in my jacket pocket, then took the jacket off and held it. I hid my hands by hiding them in the pockets of my jeans. I left the dollar store and ran as fast as I could back to school.

I reached the school and I was just in time. I rushed to the bathroom and washed the blood off my hands. Thankfully, nobody was in the bathroom. When I finished cleaning off my hands. I went to my locker and stuffed the jacket in it. I grabbed my social studies books and things and went to class.

Social studies was the worst class because I had to sit next to the worst person in the world, Tyler. He was annoying, ugly, weird, and stupid. He constantly talked, but I mostly ignored him. Class finally ended and then another. Soon it was time to go. I took out my iPhone 10 and texted my mom that I was heading to work. She responded with: "ok" and I headed to Fin's house to tell his father what I accomplished.

I arrived at the house and walked right in. Fin was already there and he scared me by popping a balloon in my face. I gave a little screech and then we just laughed. His father came around the corner welcomed both of us. He told me to head to his office, and told Fin to clean the sink. I followed Mr. Riley to his office.

When we were in there he told me the news. Remi García was dead. I kind of knew that because I was the one who stabbed him many times. "You have completed your first target, here is your first payment." He handed me a check. It was for one thousand dollars! "Wow..this is a lot!" I said. "Thank you!" I smiled

"Anyways," He went on, "I have your next target." He grabbed the folder with all the files or the targets' information and pictures. He handed me the next file. I scanned over the name, age, and other things. This man was a stranger, his dark red hair with a scar under his mouth, but he lives in this city. I looked at Mr. Riley. "I'll do it." I said, and he sent me off to go look for this man

I grabbed my black jacket, hid a knife, and a pistol in my pockets, and walked out of the Riley house. I went downtown, walking walking in stores looking for the man. I did buy a Gatorade for refreshment at a local gas station.

As I was crossing the street, I heard a group of teenage boys, probably a gang, was huddled up in an alley. They were laughing, but smothered in the laughed I could hear muffled crying. Were they kicking something? That's when I peeked around the corner to see them beating an innocent little girl I took out my pistol and shot the air. That scared them, probably thought I was the police. After they all scampered away, I ran over to the girl, who was laying on the hard, cold, ground.

"Hey..hey!" I helped the girl up. "It's ok..can you tell me what happend?" She wiped her tears with her arm and said, those boys were kicking me and cutting me with sharp things." I looked at the girl. Her clothes were ripped and I could see where the knives cut her skin.

"Well can you come with me?" I asked her softly. "I ktnow where to help you get better." She nodded, and I started leading her to my home.

When I got home I was greeted by the meows of Loafy, my cat. I also heard my little brother Jamie, crying. "Everly!" He cried to me. "Mr. Asteroid is broken." Mr. Asteroid was Jamie's favorite toy. I had sewed it together many times.

"I'll fix it later bud." I said. He smiled and turned his head to the girl.

"Who's that?" He asked. The girl responded with, "I'm Tessa." She said in a soft voice.

Jamie responded with, "Well why do you look like you were just hit by a car."

"Jamie!"

My mother came in and knew what was happening. She was a nurse at my brothers elementary school. "Oh..poor child." My mother said. She took Tessa away from me to take care of her.

"Can I order food?" I asked my dad. My dad was watching the hockey game. "Yeah sure." I picked up my phone and dialed the 'Burger Factory'. I ordered a few cheeseburgers and then hung up. I sat down and watched the game with my dad.

The door bell rang and I went to answer it. My heart dropped at my delivery person.

"$16.53." He said. I paid and took the box of burgers from him as he took the money. "Thanks." I said, and then closed the door.

I couldn't think. The red hair. The scar on his chin. My second target was the burger delivery guy.

Thanks for reading Chapter 2! I hope you stick around for chapter 3. :D