Chapter 68

Chan Yushiro gazes at his daughter. She's looking at him seriously and waiting for an answer. He wonders if he should tell her the truth or not. Will that carefree smile leave this world if he does?

If he denies not knowing that man, she won't believe him. "He's my old student."

It's a gamble that he is willing to take.

She seems upset. "Then, what is his name?"

"Liam Ichihara."

He's sure that Liam won't tell her the real name. That's what they decided on. She didn't recognize him or find him familiar when she saw Liam. That's a good sign. That's also a bad sign. Either she will remember at once or she will never remember it. Then, it's better if she never remembers.

Yuhara Kozue senses the tense air between father and daughter. "Yushiro dear, you must be hungry. What do you want to eat? It will be my treat. Professor, where should we take Jennie?"

He's ignored by both father and daughter pair.

"I don't want to go abroad." She tells her father, "I will participate in the gaming tournament."

Chan Yushiro sighs. "If you want to go to play games, you can play in the E country. It's quite famous there."

"Father, are you hiding something from me?" She doesn't beat around the bush anymore. "You don't want me to come to T city. You don't speak about my past. Is there something bad in my past that you want to hide from me?"

He purses his lips and wonders how much he should reveal. His daughter has already sensed something is wrong.

"I will tell you everything if you leave T city with me" He puts up a condition. "I will answer all of your questions."

She shakes his head. "I won't leave. I will play in that tournament."

His daughter is blessed with his mother's stubborn nature. "Why do you want to play in the tournament so much?"

"I don't want to go to college and find a new career. I want to become a gamer coach in the future. I will play in the national tournament. If I win, I will go to the world championship and represent my country." She looks at him with determination. "I won't ruin my present and future because of my past. If you don't want to answer me, I won't ask you anymore. If I don't ever remember on my own, I will accept it as my mind's decision. But, I won't leave T city. I won't run away because there is something that you don't want me to know. It's also your decision whether you want to leave me prepared or not."

***

[How does she look now?]

"Beautiful."

[Jennie was always pretty. Tell me something new.]

"Can't you come and look at her?".

[I am afraid of not being recognized.]

"Hmm."

He knows what it feels like.

[Does she look healthy?]

"Yes, her cheeks are rosy."

The way she blushed was cute.

[I miss her.]

He misses her too.

"She wants to play in the e-gaming tournament."

[Even without memories, she wants to take the same path.]

"She loves gaming a lot."

[That's true. She will become a champion in no time. She is a genius in gaming.]