Chapter 41: The Answer

When you're raised in the Jedi Temple, and have been trained to be a Jedi Master for your whole life, you think you are prepared for everything. That's what Aayla Secura thought before the Battle of Geonosis. That's what she thought before the war. That's what she thought before she met Bly.

She was a Jedi Knight, prepared for anything the galaxy threw at her: especially after her years as a padawan under Master Vos; and five years of war.

Aayla didn't know what to expect, but she was ready. Or so she thought.

The war had been harder than Aayla anticipated. So many lost Jedi. So many lost clones. So many lost friends.

But she also gained friends. More importantly, the person who made her happiest. The person who had cared for her and protected her from the beginning. The person who she felt most comfortable around. The person who would do stupid things with her. The person who she loves the most. The person who had just proposed to her.

Aayla stood in front of Bly as the sun rose behind them.

"Do I even need to answer?"

"Aayla that could mean yes or no, you're making me nervous here."

"Of course, Bly. I will very happily marry you." Aayla couldn't contain her smile even if she tried.
Bly gently grabbed Aayla's hand and stood up. She looked down at her hand as Bly slid a ring onto her finger.

"Bly, its beautiful. I-" Aayla stared at the ring on her hand. A small gold band was on her ring finger, with a collection of blue gems on top.

"I'm glad you like it."

"I love it." Aayla couldn't wait any longer before jumping into his arms and hugging him tightly. "Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum, Bly."

Bly pulled back from the hug and looked at her with a surprised face. "Did you just speak Mando'a?"

Aayla's infamous smirk appeared. "I did. I'm not stupid, Bly. I heard all of you talking in Mando'a during the war. I had to ask Reno how to say that one though."

"I love you too, cyar'ika."

.oOo.

The first thing Bly and Aayla saw when walking out of their LAAT was the tall grass of Sicemon, then a very excited Faylin, Reno, and Sid sitting on some rocks waiting for their landing. Little did they knew that the couple they were greeting was newly engaged.

Faylin immediately ran up towards Aayla and gave her a big hug. "You have no idea how much we missed you guys." She said after she pulled away from her hug with Aayla.

"She's right." Reno said as he strolled up to Bly.

"How was the trip, Vod?" Reno's classic grin and wiggly eyebrows made an appearance.

"It was great, actually. Thanks for your added and very unnecessary eyebrows, Reno." Bly said annoyed.

"I told him not to, Bly. Faylin and I both tried to stop him before you got back." Sid said while punching Reno's arm.

"We actually have something to tell you guys." Aayla smiled.

"You're pregnant!" Reno shouted, totally unfiltered.

This time, it was Faylin that punched Reno.

"What the karking heck, Sid? That actually hurt." Reno said, rubbing his arm where Faylin had hit him.

"Wasn't me, Vod." Sid threw his hands up, defending his innocence.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to hit you so hard. I think I broke my hand though." Faylin said apologetically.

"That was you?"

"Sorry." She was cradling her right hand in her left. "I swear I didn't punch you that hard."

"Reno, uncalled for." Aayla reprimanded in her Jedi General voice.

"Sorry, General. Haar'chak, sorry. Old habits." He apologized.

"Faylin, can I see your hand?" Aayla held out her hand, allowing Faylin to set her possibly broken hand in it.

Faylin hissed at the contact. Aayla closed her eyes and rested her other hand lightly on top of Faylin's.

"What's she doing?" Faylin hesitantly asked the group.

"Force-healing your hand. She did it a few times during the war for some of the men in the 327th." Bly calmly stated.

"Can all Jedi do that?" Faylin said, completely in awe.

"Not that I know of. She said that-" Bly was cut off when Aayla shushed him.

Aayla concentrated deep on the Force. Its presence on Sicemon. How it flowed through everything in the galaxy. Through her hands to Faylin's broken one. After a minute of deep meditation and concentration, Aayla began floating.

"Bly?" Faylin questioned.

"Yeah, this is part of it." He moved towards Aayla.

Aayla was hovering about three feet off the ground, sitting with her legs folded. Faylin's hand was still between hers. Aayla reached five feet off the ground, and Faylin noticed a small detail on Aayla's hand.

"Holy kriff!" Faylin gasped.

Aayla's eyes opened as she let go of Faylin's hand. She gently did a front flip and landed peacefully on the ground.

"Better?" Aayla asked.

"Yeah, but that's not what is important right now." Everyone in the group shot a questioning look around. "When we're you two going to tell us about that?" Faylin pointed at Aayla's hand.

"We were going to and then Reno," Bly shot a glare at Reno, "interrupted."

"Tell us what?"

"Look at Aayla's hand, Reno."

"What about it?" A few seconds passed until he realized. "Oh my gosh! Actually? For real?"

"Yes, Reno. Bly and I are actually, for real engaged." Aayla smiled and grabbed Bly's hand.

"I'm so happy for you both!" Faylin smiled, pulling them into a hug. "Group hug!" She called out.

.oOo.

I don't really do this kind of thing, but I found a picture of what Aayla's ring would look like and I just LOVE it, so I'll put it in here.

This is what I was picturing

This is what I was picturing. I chose a gold band to match the coloring of the 327th (and more importantly Bly's) armor. The blue is to match with Aayla's skin, but also representing the calmness and serenity that their life after the war brought them. I hope you like the ring inspiration! 😊