My thoughts on Bobby's Past

Trigger Warning: Death, explosions, creepy creatures, bombs (because this whole story is literally about a walking talking bomb)

(A/N: This is all in Bobby's pov. This is all what I believe happened to Bobby before you meet him in Paper Mario: the Origami King, some of the inferences were made with the help of the info we were given in the game. And yes, we are starting all the way to the beginning of his life. Anyways, let's start this useless story.)

(Another A/N: If you don't know who Bobby is, he's a bob-omb partner in Paper Mario: the Origami King who I obsess over.)

I stood in a tight space. Many little walking bombs with eyes looked at me, and at many other duplicates of each other. 

"Welcome." one said. "Welcome to the army." I didn't understand what was going on. I didn't even know who I was. 

"Could someone tell me what's going on?" I asked, looking at the flood of little characters. 

"Of course, all bob-ombs are a little confused at first. You're a bob-omb, and you are used in Bowser's army. You are hopefully going to be a very important part of the crew." said the bomb that spoke to me before. 

"Oh... so I help fight?" I asked, trying to clarify.

"Yep, that's all!" the bob-omb responded, walking away. Suddenly, I heard a loud roar. All of the bob-ombs stopped and quieted down. 

"It's Bowser!" one whispered. "Oh boy, what's he going to do now?" I stood there, unsure what was happening. 

"Bob-ombs, line up!" growled the being who made the roar. I assumed this was Bowser based on the small conversation happening. Every bob-omb started lining up in rows, so I attempted to do so as well. "Great! Now, the first row, it's your turn." Bowser said, motioning for the row closest to him to come up. They all sounded worried, but I didn't understand why. I decided to not ask though, not wanting to bother anyone or get Bowser to yell at me. He seemed very controlling. 

*a few days later*

I finally understood how the bob-omb army went. We all kinda explored around a building, more duplicates being added nearly every second. But, as more bob-ombs were built, more bob-ombs were told to go see Bowser. I didn't know what happened when they were sent there, and it was nearing my time to go see Bowser. 

It wasn't long later, no bob-ombs should've been called up, and my row was next. Suddenly, Bowser ran up. "EMERGENCY! STRANGE VILLAIN MADE IF FOLDED PAPER COMING TO ATTACK!" he yelled. "We must have more bob-ombs, NOW!" he called my row. I was a bit startled, but I listened. It was finally time to see what really happens to us in battle. 

Bowser had lines of cannons, and he created small lines of bob-ombs behind them. A bob-omb got in, and was shot out. And then, it exploded!? Gone!? Just, poof!? Now nothing but smoke!? This was going to be me!? I panicked. I didn't want the end to come now. Was I seriously this worthless? I planned an escape with no one noticing me. I exited the building known as Bowser's castle, which was destroyed not long after my escape. I ran as far away from that castle as possible until I ran into something. 

"Oh, did I get in your way? I'm sorry." said the thing I bumped into. I looked up. It was another bob-omb, it must've escaped too. I stood up. "I see you've escaped too." it said. 

"Umm... yeah... I realized how scary, short and worthless my life is..." I said, looking down at the ground. The other bob-omb comforted me.

"Don't worry, out here, it shouldn't be as short. And if you enjoy the outside world, it definitely isn't worthless." the bob-omb said. I didn't have a mouth to smile with, but my eyes said it all. "Anyways, I'm bob-omb, but that should be obvious, since us bob-ombs aren't given names. I'm assuming yours is too?" continued the bob-omb.