R1 | Night 4

(Sorry we didn't post yesterday or Sunday, we honestly forgot to. Let's go with the excuse of taking a break for father's day.)

This night is colder than any night in the arena before it, causing the final 8 cats to shiver. Can they feel the endgame approaching?

~~~

Ravenwillow spent the night exploring his little edge of ThunderClan territory. However, he found nothing of interest but shadows and leaves falling silently from the trees.

Troutdip continued hunting into the night, disheartened by his failure earlier in the day, but luck was not on his side today. He still was unable to catch anything. 

Nectarsting fluffed out her fur and curled up into a tight ball, hoping to keep out the cold as she fell asleep. 

Dawn'slash was ready to win these Games already and go home. She tried her nose at tracking down another tribute to kill. There weren't any strong scents nearby, but she wandered west for a bit and then finally caught someone's scent and started following it.

Snowpatch was able to use the large herbs in her inventory to skillfully treat all of the injuries that she had suffered during her fight with Sunsetpelt. They immediately felt better thanks to the herbs, and Snowpatch breathed out a deep sigh of relief as the pain faded away. Feeling much better, Snowpatch stretched out and let her eyes slip closed, sleeping the night away. 

Sharpwhisper dragged himself awake after sleeping the day away, but he felt dizzy and light-headed from dehydration. He forced his paws to keep moving, desperate to find any trace of water. He traveled northeast, then was forced to turn south when he hit the northern edge of the arena, and crossed into WindClan territory. However, these rolling plains held no water that Sharpwhisper could find. After walking most of the night, the tom finally collapsed once again as his limbs stopped responding to him. Hopelessly, he closed his eyes and waited for StarClan to take him. 

A wolf howls. Sharpwhisper is dead! 

Duskstone was still extremely hungry, but he at least knew that he wouldn't starve to death in the night, so he left himself drift off to sleep, the heat from his empty stomach keeping him warm enough despite the cold air. However, his sleep was interrupted when he was jumped on by Dawn'slash! Duskstone tried to escape, but Dawn'slash had already dug her claws into him, so Duskstone instead reached up and buried his teeth in her shoulder. Dawn'slash winced but bit back just as fiercely, and then slashed with her reinforced claws across Duskstone's chest. 

A wolf howls. Duskstone is dead! 

Waspthorn curled up for the night, and though he had trouble falling asleep thanks to the cold, he eventually drifted off. 

~~~

As the night draws to a close, the few remaining cats gaze upward and wonder how much longer these cursed games will last. There were 2 deaths this chapter. 

It could be a trick of the light, or the tributes' grief for all their fallen warriors, but the stars seem to arrange themselves to form the images of the recently deceased. 

Sunsetpelt

Sharpwhisper

Duskstone.