Chapter 1: A for Accident

"Our intels told us that they found traces of Forneus on the province of Leyte, Philippines. We all know that he's a poison to anyone of us. He still holds informations against our organization, and if we can't capture him, our identity's including the organization's safety will be at risk."

Everyone in the dark room stared at me in unison after hearing what our general said. I unconsciously smirked in the thought of me doing the next mission. One more successful mission and my rank will increase in this organization. And once that happens, I'll finally have enough power to lead the search for the lost treasure of Alpha Genesis.

"Agent X1, as the highest ranked X agent, I will assign you to lead the next mission. At all cost, you must capture Forneus and make sure he didn't leak any information about the org. If he has any compliance, capture them with him." He looked straight into my eyes. Confidence was evident in the tone of his voice like he was so sure that I could complete this mission.

But of course, I'm confident that this mission will be a success. I've never failed any mission of mine. And I don't plan to fail.

"You can choose to do this mission with any X agents of your choice. The rest of you, continue keeping an eye on every possible place that Forneus will go to. Meeting dismissed." After hearing what our general said, all of the other agents exited the meeting room except for the X agents.

As soon as the general was out, I spoke to them, "I will do this mission alone. You may now leave," I declared reason for them to object.

"How condescend," I heard X21 whispered.

"Let's face it. We all know that I can succeed whether I'm alone or not." And no. I'm not showing any superiority. I'm just stating a fact that he can't accept.

"General Z1 clearly told you to choose members, Agent X1. Don't complicate things. You will need us," Agent X7 calmly stated and released a heavy sigh.

No one talked after him. Silence filled the air until I finally decided what to do.

"Alright. I'll go alone to tract and see if Forneus is actually in the area. And if he is, I will call Agent X7, X11 and X21 immediately." Confidence was oozing from my aura. I kept a straight face while observing if any of them would disagree. I kept my palms at my back while waiting for a sound of disapproval. Which of course didn't happen.

The side of my lips aroused when they all nodded their heads in approval. Even if I'm a little stubborn about the rules, I know that no one would dare to go against me.

I told the other agents to go back to their own areas except for the people I chose to come with me. Agent X7 is a skilled man. He knows a lot of tricks. I know I can use his intelligence in this mission—if ever I would need a back up. X11 is physically strong. He doesn't need any weapons to win a battle, therefore I know he'd be useful. And of course, the stubborn Agent X21. Among all, he's the most heartless and brutal. He won't hesitate to kill anyone and that's enough reason for me to choose him.

At para hindi na rin siya dumada at magreklamo pa.

I discussed our plan and they all agreed. Once we arrive at Leyte, they'd both pretend like a tourist and observe the parameter, while I would seek for Forneus.

"Uh… I didn't expect that it would be this crowded here," X7 stated while exaggeratedly avoiding to get touched by people. We just arrived at San Isidro. One of the provinces here in Leyte. "Can't we just use the car you brought with us?" tanong pa niya kaya napailing ako.

"I'm the only one who can use it," I stated. Pinilit niyong sumama sa 'kin kaya panindigan niyo.

"How stingy," he whispered while crossing his arms.