I

Hi everyone!! Welcome to this new story!!

There's a few things I want to mention first:

While this is an ATLA AU, I have taken creative liberties with it.

So, here's my usual first chapter author notes:

- Pan is Goku and Chi-Chi's daughter.
- This is an AU!
- The main ships are Trunks x Pan, Goten x Bulla, and Gohan x Marron.
- The rating will probably stay at T, although I do plan on some smut in later chapters and will give warnings accordingly.
- I OWN NOTHING DBZ OR ATLA RELATED.

I am simply a fangirl who enjoys writing fan fiction for my favorite ship.

Now, let's begin!

PART ONE: The Journey North

I

The sun was setting on the western horizon as five-year-old Pan leaned over the edge of her Papa's ship, Nimbus. Behind her, Gohan and their Papa worked to adjust the sails for the night, and their Mama was scolding Goten for tracking mud across the deck. Pan watched the sun's reflection on the water and smiled. The waves pushed and pulled, lulling the ship.

Pan reached out her arm and pointed her fingers down to the water. A thin stream rose from the ocean and roped around her wrist, making her giggle.

"Very good, Panny," Chi-Chi smiled as she wrapped an arm around Pan and watched her. "Soon, you'll be a better Waterbender than me."

"Nu-uh!" Pan let her water fall back into the ocean and smiled. "You're the best Waterbender, Mama! And then it's Han!"

Chi-Chi laughed. "You and Gohan will both become better than me," she patted Pan's head. "It's bedtime. We'll have to wake up early tomorrow to meet your Uncle Raditz at Port Haven so Goten can continue his Earthbending training."

"But I'm not tired!" Pan shook her head quickly.

"I know how to make you sleepy!" Goku walked up to them with the boys. He scooped Pan up into his arms. "How about a story?"

"Yes!" Pan nodded. "Tell me about the Avatar and the Vassals!"

"Don't you ever get tired of hearing that story?" Thirteen-year-old Goten muttered.

Eighteen-year-old Gohan punched his arm affectionately. "Don't act like you don't like it too, brother."

Goten made a face as Goku laughed. "Okay. I'll tell Panny's favorite story about The Avatar."

Fifteen minutes later, Pan was dressed in her nightgown and tucked into her hammock on one side of the cabin. On the other side, Goten and Gohan were getting into their hammocks. Goten's hammock hanged over Gohan's because he was lightest of the two. Goku grabbed the stool in the corner of the room and moved it to sit beside Pan's hammock.

Goku held out his palm and a brilliant red flame appeared. Pan instantly felt the heat of the flame, but it wasn't scalding or uncomfortable. It was an extension of her Papa, and all she could feel from the flame was a soothing warmth.

"Are you ready?" Goku asked with a smile.

"Mhm!" Pan nodded.

Goku cleared his throat, and then he began. "Long ago, when the era of humans was still new, Spirits roamed our world. They were here before men were and knew how to harvest the lands, tame the waters, create fire, and calm the winds.