What does God really say about money?

"No one can serve two masters; for he will hate the one and love the other, or be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Money."

Matthew 6:24

Today we face a big problem within the churches. The most talked about subject in the churches is money. Some believe that we need to give everything to God, others believe that tithes and offerings are only in the Old Testament, others believe that we don't need to give anything to the churches...

Let's understand a little what the Bible says about this...

"My people were destroyed for lack of knowledge. Since you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; since you have ignored the law of your God, I will also ignore your children."

Hosea 4:6

Many use the text of Malachi 3:8-10 a to talk about Tithes and Offerings:

"Shall a man rob God? Yet you rob me, and say, 'Wherein do we rob you? In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the treasury, that there may be food in my house, and afterward prove me in this, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour upon you such a blessing as there is not room enough to gather it."

Here God warns the people, for they were stealing in the Tithes and Offerings, both as to the one who stopped offering, and also to the one who received the money.

In this text, it says that the Tithes and Offerings are to have supplies inside the church, that is, to help people in need. Does this happen in churches today?

But is this commandment today? Look at the text below about this:

"Let each one give as he purposes in his heart; not grudgingly, or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver."

2 Corinthians 2:7

Look at this other verse:

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another."

John 13:34

We can understand that before Jesus came to earth, people were moved through Laws, but after that, people became moved by Love, which is God Himself in us.

We cannot be slaves to money. We cannot do anything without God's direction, but today there are desperate people, giving everything, thinking that with God we can make bargains?

We need to bless more the people who really need it. Many people are going hungry and needy, and the church is worried about giving everything in exchange for a house or a car.

Tithes and offerings do not buy salvation and much less a position in the church. There are pastors who don't let people do their work because they don't give tithes and offerings. My brother and sister, sin has no size, sin is sin. Sometimes we can give tithes or offerings, but we live in prostitution... The point here is that we are a free people:

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Therefore stand firm and do not let yourselves be subject again to a yoke of slavery."

Galatians 5:1

It is not a sin to be rich, but our wealth must help the people who really need it. Today we are free from human laws, but "slaves" of Love. We need to have more love in our hearts. We need to fast and pray more, because we don't know how to discern the voice of the Lord anymore. We don't need anointed brooms, water of Israel, or other "amulets"? We need the presence of the Father in us, we need to have more love for our brothers...

Money is blessing when we use it with wisdom in God...

Sayime and offer, but do it with love, and with right purpose....

God bless you!!!