fans express worries of overworking (2022)

FANS EXPRESS WORRY OF CUBE
ENTERTAINMENT OVERWORKING RYUN

written by queenryun • october 3, 2022

ryun has had a highly successful year after coming back from a 3 month hiatus following health concerns at the end of 2021

ryun has had a highly successful year after coming back from a 3 month hiatus following health concerns at the end of 2021. 2022 has been jammed packed for the soloist with music releases and promotions, attending award shows, and variety show appearances.

on january 8, 2022 cube entertainment announced the soloist's comeback plans.

see excerpt here:

"...ryun will have 4 comebacks. the comebacks will consist of 2 mini albums and 2 studio albums. her first comeback will be a studio album released sometime in the spring. the albums after that will be apart of  a project called 'desires', these albums are meant to display new sides of ryun that have never been seen."

following this statement on february 3, 2022 ryun released the pre-single coin. on march 4, 2022 her second full album lilac was released with a title track of the same name. a music video for the b-side strawberry moon came out a week later.

on june 15, 2022 ryun's sixth mini album, 1st desire [tasty], was released. then, on august 30, 2022 her seventh mini album, 2nd desire [greed], dropped. a special stage for a b-side featuring nct's taeyong was done following the end of promotions for the album.

between these releases cube entertainment also announced ryun's world tour "ryun's 1st world tour "desires of the heart," on june 17, 2022. it will begin in april 2023.

pre-releases for her third studio album have already began to release with press your number released on october 1, 2022. teasers for the second pre-release have been dropped and the song, thirsty, will release on november 5, 2022. the album is slated to release on december 1, 2022.

the outcry from fans has been present since the plans for her comebacks were released, but they have only increased throughout the year. due to the high frequency of music releases and promotions with little time to rest between activities, fans are increasingly concerned about ryun's mental and physical health.

criticism toward cube entertainment has been an increasing sentiment with fan reactions getting increasingly fed up as fans site several reasons the company may be knowingly overworking ryun not taking into account the detrimental impact it can cause.

many comments concerning the issue include:

[+308, -94] "they exploit her so bad because they know next year their main money cow will leave them she shouldn't renew her contract."

[+168, -5] "first they f*ck over 4minute, then they neglect clc, then kick hyuna and dawn out, and then soojin, and now they overwork ryun as soon as she comes back from a hiatus because of bad mental/physical health?! wtf cube??? are you that sh*tty that you're willing to squeeze everything out until there's nothing left?!"

[+134, -27] "my question is when she does leave, not if, because she definitely won't renew and if she does it's stupid. where will she go? like she's had such a good year and can only get more popular. there will definitely be a lot of companys who'll want her"

[+86, -3] "she has a world tour coming up so she won't leave, but how does that company still have idols 🚩🚩"

[+42, -1] "just boycott the tour, then they'll listen when they lose money"

ryun's contract expires in february 2023, but according to fans, it is unlikely that she will part ways with the company. neither cube entertainment or ryun have commented on the situation.

OTHER ARTICLES:

BROWN EYED GIRLS TAIGA AND
SHINEE KEY ANNOUNCE ENGAGEMENT

BEAT INTERACTIVE ANNOUNCES A.C.E CHAN ENLISTED IN MILITARY DURING INDEFINITE HIATUS

VIXEN CARMEN CONFIRMS SOLO DEBUT WITH SELF-PRODUCED ALBUM "REC." + REASSURES FANS VIXEN WILL NOT DISBAND