The ball

Quick update cause why not.
Mary's POV
I woke up feeling rested. Francis is finally not going to ignore me. I couldn't wait to see him. I got out of bed and then Greer came in.
„Hello Greer" I said
„Hello Mary, how are you?" she asked while helping me dress.
„I'm Fine . Francis finally talked to me" I said
„That's great right?" she asked
„Yes it is" I said . After a while I was ready
„Don't forget the party tonight" she said
„What party?" I turned to look at her
„You didn't know? King Henry is throwing an engagement party for you and Francis tonight." she said
„I didn't know . And I didn't think it would be so soon." I said
„Well you will have lots of fun I'm sure" she said
„Thank you Greer" I walked out of my chambers to go and eat breakfast. I sat down as a servant brought me my breakfast. I started eating after I thanked her. After some time Francis came in and sat down next to me . I looked at him and he smiled at me . I also smiled trying to hide my blush .
„How did you sleep?" he asked while his food came .
„Very good actually and yourself?" I asked
„Me too" he replied . After I was done eating , I was preparing to go to my chambers when Francis suddenly took my hand and said „Wait I wanted to show you something . Will you come with me ?"
„I would love to" I said as he led me outside of the castle. We were going toward the woods.
„Where Are we going?" i asked
„You'll see" he said smiling.
We soon arrived at a beautiful spot were a Picknick blanket was set up with some fruits.
„It's beautiful Francis" I said truthfully as we sat down.
„So you like it?" he asked
„ I love it thank you „ I said and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He blushed. We are and talked for hours . It was so fun just talking to him. We had lost track of time and people were searching for us.
„I think we should go back , people are probably looking for us" I said
„That's a shame" he said as he got up and held out his hand for me . I took it and we started to go back. As we entered the castle Catherine came screaming at us „Where have you two been ?We've been looking for you everywhere!"
We both looked at each other and shrugged her off.
„Sorry Mother we lost track of time" he said
„Don't it again. And you should both be getting ready for the ball" she said and walked away.
„I don't want do make her angry again" I said as he chuckled.
„No you don't „ he said as we both went and got ready for the ball in our separate chambers. I had a beautiful blue dress on my bed as my ladies helped me dress. It was a beautiful dress. I hoped he liked it. I spend some time with my ladies until the ball started. As it was getting closer to the start of the ball my ladies went and got ready themselves. After a while I heard a knock on my door . I went to the door and opened it . It was Francis . He had a gorgeous suit on.
„I came to take you to the ball" he said as he held his hand out. I took it.
„That's very nice of you „ I said as we walked to there.
„I hope to have a dance with you tonight" he said
„I am sure to save you one" I replied
As we reached the ball Someone announced
„Queen Mary of Scottland and Prince Francis of France" Everyone clapped for us as we walked further in.
We sat down as Henry stood to make an announcement.
„I am very happy to announce the wedding of my son and Queen Mary will be happening in 3 months time. With this marriage we hope to make a stronger bond with both contries and together we hope for a better future" Everyone cheered for us as Henry sat down. As I finished my food francis asked me for a dance. Of course I agreed and we went on the dance floor.
„Do you like it here Mary?" he asked as he placed his hand on my waist.
„Of course I do . This is my home" I replied while dancing.
„I just wish I knew how to make you feel more comfortable" he said. I leaned in and whispered
„Spend as much time with me as possible" then I walked away as the music ended.The ball was finally over after what felt like ages. I said goodbye to everyone and decided to head to my chambers. As I was about to close the door when I Heard Francis .
I turned around and he was walking towards me .
„Francis" I said
„Mary , I wanted to tell you Goodnight before you went to sleep" he said
„Thank you , I loved our dance" I said
„Me too . I hope to see you tomorrow „ he said . I smiled and as I turned away he grabbed my hand and I turned around to look at him as he placed his lips on mine. I was a bit shocked at first but kissed back . After some time he let go and walked off smiling . I smiled too and went to bed hoping tomorrow would arrive soon.
Bit of a random chapter but it's okay ig. See you next time .
Peace out🕊