Chapter 6

I can't believe I came here, I get out of the car and slowly spin around looking at the surrounding, its the lake me and Robbie used to go to talk. I was about to leave when a gush of wind came and blew the picture of me and Robbie out of my hands. it flew through the sky as I chased it till it made it way into the lake, it emerged it self in water and the paper started break into pieces and float away from each other.
I tried to grab the soggy mush but it was to far out in the dark waters.
"Ugh" I moan
And stand up and get back into my car, why did I come here, my favorite photo is gone and the only person who has the other copy is Robbie, and he probably threw it out.
I drive home and walk inside
"Where were you skylar" my mom asked
"I was at Hayes house" I lied
"Why did you run out at dinner" she asked
"I forgot something at Hayes house so after I went to change then  I went to get it" I lied
"Your in the same clothes" she said
I just looked at my down at my clothes
"I guess I am" I said and walked away

On Sunday I went to Hayes house to work on our project. It was about The French Revolution.
I made my way to the basement and saw books and papers scattered around the floor.
"Hey" I say and I step around the papers. I see Hayes and Robbie sketching ideas for the poster. I sit across from the boys busy at work. Robbie looks up and gives a slight smile, it was like seeing a ghost, he never smiled anymore but now he did, I smiled back. I was happy, I don't know why but seeing Robbie smile just lit up my day.
Robbie and Hayes had both sketched some ideas and showed them to me
There where two
One was about all the important people in the French Revolution and one was diagrams and statistics of the French Revolution.
I looked at both of them before picking one
"I like the boring one with the statistic because it will get us a A with easy research"
Hayes lets out a chuckle while Robbie smiles looks down and shakes his head.
I giggled a little then slid the sketch book back over.
"So Skylar do you want to do the research" Hayes said
I shot him a glare
"I can help " Robbie hesitated  a little
"If you want" he added quickly
"Yeah sure" I said and gave a crooked smile
I guess I can do the research with him
As long as we don't talk or make eye contact I'll be fine.

I wake up on Monday morning and put on a black shirt with white shorts and wrap a flannel around my waist, brush my teeth then eat breakfast and head out in my car to school. Today me and Robbie would meet up at the library to take notes and I was dreading it.
I quickly went to my locker Once I arrived and quickly shoved my books in and slammed the door shut and rushed off to class.
Most of the day was pretty boring considering I avoided everyone
And by the end of the day my anxiety build up of meeting up with Robbie was through the roof. I slowly packed my books into my bag and drag myself to the library and let out a breath before opening the door and seeing a frantic Robbie sorting through books and making everything nice and neat.

I approach the table and robbie looks up and a smile appears on his face.
"Hey skylar" he says
"Hi" I replay and roughly sit in my sit and swing my backpack on the table causing Robbie to look up
"Sorry" I mumble
Today I was not enthusiastic about anything and could not focus.
"So about 10,000 African slaves were released after the French revolution should we put that on the poster?"  Robbie's voice echoed in my wandering mind
"What, huh, yeah sure good" i snapped out of my daydream
"Skylar are you- are you ok?"
"Yeah um I'm fine"
"Sky, the Freya thing-" I cut him off
"Robbie don't "  I say and run my finger through my blonde hair
"But Skylar you don't understand I- I didn't cheat on you"
"Then what you do replace me, I wasn't good enough for, and we both now that"
Robbie fist hit the table harshly yet soft
"Skylar you don't understand how good you are and you can't be replace that easily"
He pauses
"It was just for publicity, more people would watch the show and more money and so many stupid factors that I don't even care about"

I got up I couldn't stand it
I walked out and I started pouring rain, just my luck, at least it concealed my tears that were smearing my mascara
I turn the corner and see a wet confused and familiar looking boy stand in the rain drenched and alone

Okay guys I'm going to I 5sos concert on Sunday, yeahhhhhhh
And I'm bring a new character in the story