Chapter 15: Confusion

*Raven*

Quan wanted me to have a paternity test done before I even had the baby. I was confused because he wanted me to have his kid....but I guess he really didn't. Niggas say a lot of shit when yall fucking. I haven't heard from August, but I might as well get him to take one too. If neither of them weren't the father, I really don't know who else it could be. I get around, I'm not gone lie. I love sex, and fine ass men bring out the bad girl in me. Don't matter where I'm at or how long I've known em.

Anyways, Quan and August met me at the doctor's office. I was now seeing Dr. Johanson...I called her Dr. J. We all sat in the waiting room. I was scrolling through my Instagram while they were mean mugging the hell out of each other. I didn't even know what that was about, but I heard they had been beefing for a couple of months now. Quan finally broke the silence.

Quan: You think Liyah faithful, bruh?

August: Don't matter what I think nigga.

Quan: You know I'm still fucking her?

August: I doubt that, since she found out you smashed her best friend.

Quan: Yeah well if she hadn't of found out, I'd still be fucking her.

August: Nigga you got beef then grill that shit. Otherwise shut the fuck up and worry about yo other baby mama's. Yo Raven why the fuck am I here?

Raven: It could be yours, August.

August: I highly doubt it. We gone find out, and after I don't want to hear from neither of you grimy muh fuckas again!

He walked off. About ten minutes later Dr. J called us back to the room. August and Quan went into another room to get samples of their DNA taken. Dr J started the procedure. It wasn't too painful when she stuck the needle in me, but I almost wanted to cry. I watched the ultrasound as she guided the needle and took a sample. August and Quan both came into the room.

*Quan*

He walked into the room right after I did. I swear I wanted to kill him. But I knew I couldn't. I do a lot of shit, but killing a nigga for messing with my baby mama is something I couldn't do. The doc was just finishing up with Raven.

Quan: So that's it?

Dr. J: Yes sir.

August: How long before we can get the results?

Dr. J: If we have all your information, about five business days.

Quan: What if we wanted it sooner?

Dr. J: About five business days. Sorry, you could get it a day sooner or a few days later. Depends on the mail. You could come into the office Thursday if you like to check.

Quan: Thanks.

I left. Rella had been giving me shit. No matter what I do she keep bringing up old shit. I been at the house with her and the boys for a few months now. I still fuck around, but I ain't been living nowhere else. I decided to go to the studio and work on a couple of songs.

*August*

I felt kind of bad for Raven. I walked her outside. She was a cool ass chick, she just needed to change how she operated. She broke the silence.

Raven: I'm still sorry about all of this. How's Liyah?

August: She good. I explained everything to her already, and you and me were before her and I so...She cool.

Raven: That's what's up. Yo, I'm leaving soon...You gone come watch me dance one more time?

August: I can't do that....But why you leaving?

Raven: Start fresh. I got signed to Dollaz Unlimited so I'm moving to New York to work on my music.

August: That's good. I knew you had more to you than dancing. I don't knock stripping but..Good luck in New York, Raven. I gotta go pick up the girls. See ya.

Raven: Bye, Aug.

I got in my car and drove off. Shorty gone be alright. I still know that ain't my baby tough. And I didn't have to pick up anybody, I made my way to the studio.