Chapter 46

"feelings"

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

"Isn't it a bit ironic that our final essay is on loss?" Andrew said as he passed the basketball back to Nathan who was behind the three-point line. "It's almost like the teacher knows."

Nate just gave him an unimpressed look before shaking his head and shooting the ball. "Well, this one should be an easy A for me." He speaks before rebounding his ball and throwing it to his teammate since it was his turn for a basket. "Speaking on loss, have you spoken to Brooke since the fundraiser?" He asked making Andrews's mood shift but trying to not let it bother him.

"Uh-no, we haven't." As the ball hit the net with a swish. "I think it's better that way."

"Didn't you say that you were still going to be there for her?"

"Yeah, and I will be. She probably doesn't even notice that I'm not talking to her, especially since Lucas is with her 24/7 now." Andrew said in a bitter tone.

"Okay," Nathan dragged out before deciding to switch the topic. "So what are you doing this summer?" He asked as he aligned the ball with the basket.

"Spending it with my mom but I have my father for the first two weeks so I have to spend my birthday here." He responds.

"At least you have a summer birthday and you can take the time to forget about Brooke?" The young Scott finished.

Andrew looked at him before nodding his head, "Yeah." he sighed. "Okay well, I'm going to the showers, catch you later." Earning a nod from Nathan before returning his focus to training.

As he exited the gym and was on his way to the locker room until someone called his name

"Andrew, is Nathan in there?" An annoying voice that belongs to no other than Lucas Scott.

"Uh yeah, but if you're going to tell him about that essay. I already beat you to that punch." Andrew told him before starting to walk away.

"Wait," Lucas said making Andrew pause and turn back with an eye roll. "I'm actually going to go see Haley this weekend so she can maybe come back and I was wondering if you wanted to join-"

"No," He interupted. "We've hardly spoken since she left. And if she won't come back for Nathan, what's going to be different for you?" He asked, a little too harsh. "Look, Lucas if she really did want to return to Tree Hill, she would've. So it's a no for me." Continuing his way to the locker room, leaving Lucas standing in the hall.

~

Andrew walked to the seating area outside of the school to catch the sight of Brooke writing in a journal.

It wasn't because Andrew didn't want to speak with her, hell that was all he wanted to do. It was the fact that it would hurt him if he did.