Prologue

So this is my story, hi I'm Y/N January and I wasn't always the fastest man alive, before the accident I didn't have any special Superpowers. No shrinking, no light manipulation, no nothing just strength, speed, durability where all I had. Just above the world's strongest man like Eddie Hall or Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson and that's considered weak among supes, but here is what caused my accident.

10 years ago-

After finishing cutting the lawn, cleaning his mum's car, moping the floor, dishes, and finally washing Y/N could finally do his homework, but not with much time.

Y/N was always fast, but not fast enough. Luckily for Y/N he was a very gifted individual who had an iq of 225 and never ceased to impress his teachers but never his mother. She was always too focused on her perfect little daughter, who had an amazing ability to generate, project, and emanate a blinding light from her hands, which was at the time cool, but it got old with his mum always bragging about it and spending all our money on her. Taking her to conventions.

At that time, he thought enough was enough and joined the NYPD as a forensic scientist. He was determined to help the citizens who couldn't protect themselves by helping catch murderers, rapists, gang members, etc. As time flew by, he was offered positions at high-ranking companies that people would commit genocide for, but he refused, only saying, "The reason I joined the NYPD was to help the victims, the innocent, and if I don't get a high paycheque, I don't care all I want is to do is save lives."

He quickly rose up the ranks for his bright shining intellect and kind personality, but one night changed his life forever.

CRIME LAB - 7 YEARS LATER

After a rainy full day of work, Y/N was of his shift but saw it was raining so much the water level would be up to his knees, so he offered to do the night shift with a group of other officers.

Working in his lab, he was finishing some fingerprint analysis for a case of a stolen brinks truck full of gold, diamonds, and of course, money.

Leaving the chemicals he needed unattended on his shelf to wait for the results from his analyser, he could not block out the constant sounds like gunfire from the rain on his glass roof.

After a few minutes Y/N was tired of the sounds, so he got up out of his chair and walked to the pulley for the roof shutter.

As he started pulling, a tingling sensation went up his spine. The hairs on the back of his neck rose, giving him an alarming sensor of danger. Looking up, he saw a storm cloud located above his laboratory, but before he could react.

KRACKOOM!!!!

A bolt of lightning broke through the roof, showering Y/N with shards of glass, stabbing him in any part available.

Whilst not only being stabbed by thousands of shards of glass, lightning was surging throughout his nervous system, breaking him down and building him back up.

He was pushed back with a shockwave from the force of the lightning launching him into the chemicals he had placed on his shelf earlier.