【44】The Witch

【44.7 THE WITCH】

I dismounted from my horse, my feet fell on a somewhat coarsed and crumbled road. The toves and shops at the side of the roads were closed, they were partly wrecked to bits. Instead of people an erriely cold breeze was wandering there. Ragged wooden houses had given the sent of mold.

That's the view that welcomed me, when I reached in the outskirt of the Southern Nation. On a horse, it took me four months to reach there. Only few things had remained from my ration that I took before leaving the Eastern Nation.

I thought that I would grab something from there but like my ration, I had also ran out of luck. And top of it all, it looked like I had entered into a ghost town.

I cluchted the briddle of my travel buddy, Morel and started moving forward along with him. With my moving steps, I felt a gaze fixing upon me. Soon, I realised, I am not the alone there.

Suddenly, someone shot a sharped tip pole at me through the window. I let it get past by me, tilting my head. The pole got dispersed into butterflies as it was just about to touch the ground. They began to fly, swirling around me.

Two teenagers barged out from different houses. One with black eyes and hair stood in front of me. Other with black eyes and ginger hair stood behind me. Their smug faces were giving me the vibes as if I had fallen straight into their trap.

They were Ivaan and Tehran, stealing was their way of living back then. They have made that ghost town as their stealing ground. If I were also a theif then I would definitely choose a place like that.

Out of nowhere, butterflies began to shine blue, letting out a whizzing sound. Before those butterflies flooded my system with their electrified waves, I made them faded away with the realease of my Urjah.

Yes! They weren't strong enough back then. When I asked them for the way to the witch kingdom, Ivann's face twisted with disgruntled look.

"Are you from kingdom?" He asked me, obviously I had to lie only to get directions  from them.

"No, ever saw a kingdom people coming here before?"

Both shrugged and stared at me dubiously.

"Obviously, I am villager from Eastern Nation." I lied looking straight into their eyes. I added. "Could you please bother yourself to tell me, how long do I have to travel more to reach another town."

"You just need to go- OW!

Ivaan interjected Tehran pinching him hard. "What's in it for us?"

And thanks to that brat, we made a deal that I gave them a pouch of nanakshahee. But only with one condition......

"You'll tag along with me too." I smirked looking at Ivaan, like that guy would just gave me right direction.

As if I would take a risk believing in that brat.

They agreed and joined me on my journey. We were riding on the horse for two hours and whatever town we crossed were just like the previous one. And after riding for so long our sight encountered a ruined, wrecked castle. It was stand alone castle,  no house or shops or stalls were installed there.

The sky had already become darken the time we got there. Blood splotches had dried here and there. The strangely cold freezing wind was rustling the leaves. We, all three, dismounted from the Morel.