curse good morals

stiles panted heavily as he leaned over, hands on his knees and sucked in large gulps of air, he had been running for what felt like eternity and had finally stopped on a building, it seemed like most of his time was spent on roofs at the moment.

the city was buzzing with activity around him. this was a hindrance as he couldn't really hear much exept traffic and idle chatter.  however it came as no surprise to him when someone shoved a rag over his mouth, stiles grabbed the arm and flung the attacker over his shoulder this sent the person flying over him and the side of the building.

cursing his inability to just let them fall stiles shot his hand out to catch them. it was a girl with strawberry blond hair, her eyes were wide as she felt him grab her.

"don't attack me after this, at least give me a head start"
stiles muttered as he lifted her back over the building. he sighed and placed the rag meant for him over her mouth  intending just to stop her calling for the others but instead she passed out.

"really? you were gonna drug me?"
he muttered to the unconscious girl.
stiles propped her against the building side so she didn't wake up in too much pain and like with the other guy he placed his extra pain killers next to her with a bottle of water, it was the least he could do.

his back clicked as stiles stretched up, hoisting his backpack over his shoulder stiles began to climb down, clearly the roofs were not a safe place. he landed softly in an alleyway and grinned in triumph over beating two people, although the first guy just didn't know how to do a super hero landing.

the triumph was short lived as he felt the cold barrel of a gun placed upon the small of his back. his breath hitched.

"don't try running or i will blow your brains out"
someone growled from behind him, stiles immediately recognised the voice.

"oh hey sour wolf! you got you're words mixed up, my brain funnily enough is not on my back"
he responded cheerfully, sure stiles was shit scared but he wasn't about to reveal that to the guy.

"what a pleasant evening for a stroll. sorry about two of your henchman, i swear i did not mean for the guy to fall face first, or to almost drop the girl off a building, a complete accident. but anywho how's it hanging? how's life?"
stiles kept rambling as if he could delay the inevitable, he was pretty sure as soon as Derek got his watch back stiles would kiss goodbye to life. 

luckily stiles had taped the watch to the inside of his thigh, he was gonna die with this watch if he had to. it was more of a moral thing at this point.

stiles didn't have time to register the change in dereks movements until it was too late and a blunt object knocked him unconscious.

derek sighed and slung stiles over his shoulder, he pulled out his phone and called the others to swing over in the black van. derek checked stiles small wrists but his watch was not there. for fucks sake.

two minutes passed as derek tapped his foot impatiently from the shadows the ally provided. the last thing he needed was someone to call the cops.

the black van came into view and ground to a halt. scott and isaac jumped out and made their way over.

"where lydia?"

issac asked confused at the lack of the redhead.

"this kid knocked her out, she's on the roof. get her"
derek stated simply before striding towards the van and placing stiles in the back. once scott and isaac walked to the van, lydian slumped on their shoulders, derek tied rope round stiles' arms.

"woah dude that's gonna leave his wrists raw"
scott tentatively spoke up.

"i don't care"

scott swallowed but said nothing else, they helped lydia into the back, dropped the water and medicine stiles gave to them and scott leapt into the drivers side, isaac in the passengers.

once derek was sure stiles was secure he got into the back seat.

"go"

and they did. the ride was silent for a long time till scott spoke up.

"that guys kinda weird, he jumped out a window like it was nothing, i went after him and fell pretty badly. he threw some pills at me yelling something about taking two for the pain. why did he give me medicine?"

dereks head snapped to look at the beta
"you didn't take it did you?"

scott remained silent.

"why would you take pills from a thief?"
derek growled, his anger simmering beneath the surface.

"he seemed... honest.."

"so his honesty swayed you. fuck. how many did you take?"

scott scoffed like that was the stupidest question ever

"i took what he said to take, i took tw-"

scott slumped unconscious against the wheel.
"SHIT" isaac yelled as he yanked the steering wheel towards him, saving them from crashing into a large truck. he quickly pulled over, as quickly as you could with restricted movements.

derek practically ripped off the door and grabbed scott. he felt for a pulse, sighing in relief when there was one. he slapped scott softly, trying to wake him.

"huh... wha..."
was all the young wolf could muster before slumping over again.

"what the fuck was in that medicine?"
derek asked turning towards isaac

"i don't know i swear. i didn't even know he took it"
isaac promised, his heart beat didn't change when he spoke.
derek let out an exasperated sigh before buckling scott into the seat he previously sat in and going to drive himself.