#19: WEIRD SCIENCE (2x05)

A/N: In case you were wondering if
all the Spinner plot stuff was forgotten,
welcome to phase 2 of  (?) of the enemies
to friends to lovers slow burn.

A/N: In case you were wondering ifall the Spinner plot stuff was forgotten,welcome to phase 2 of  (?) of the enemiesto friends to lovers slow burn

"𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘

"𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐘."

Once again, Jimmy was greeting me in public. I still wasn't saying hi back. In fact, I scowled at him unintentionally.

When I witnessed him then try to ask Ellie out later that day, things went from odd to topsy-turvy. She approached with the kind of casual demeanor that didn't give the inkling that she was just approached by the most popular boy in school. From where I stood, it appeared she declined his advances, which was a relief.

"What's going on with him?" I asked her once he cleared out, as if she knew him before this year.

She glanced back to Jimmy and Spinner chatting. "Dunno. Is he not usually like this?"

"Not even a little. Whatever. Never mind." I shook out my vision and examined her as well as the instrument strapped to her back. "Nice guitar."

She looked back like she forgot for a moment it was there. "Yeah, I was thinking of learning."

I paused, sending her a puzzled look. "...How to play it?"

"Yeah. You're not the only one working on a reinvention."

"Do you even have a tuner yet? Or an amp?" Again, my mother knew too many musicians, and I had far too much knowledge to keep my opinions to myself.

"Are those things important or something?" she asked, and I gaped, which got her laughing quietly. "I have a tuner and an amp. Take a breath. Also, who's Jimmy's friend?"

I whirled back around just to double check who she was talking about, because it couldn't be Spinner. No way would it be Spinner. Her making nice with Ashley Kerwin was one thing, but the idea of her liking Spinner Mason would immediately lead to an intervention.