Prologue: Meet The Family

Arya's POV

It's 2 o'clock in the morning, and my insomnia has once again placed me in my usual spot - outside in the branches of our grand oak tree, looking up at the stars. I wish on every one that I can: protect me and my family. A cruching sound, barely loud enough for a dog to hear, grabs my attention.

"You, are crazy," a familiar voice says. I perk up my ears and turn my head enough to see Willow, the closest thing I have to a sister and my very best friend, climbing up the tree to sit next to me. "So," she says as she reaches my spot, "what the hell are you doing up here anyway? It's like, 50 degrees out."

"Oh?" I ask, tilting my head at her once beforelooking back up at the darkened sky. "I didn't notice. Not that it bothers me, anyhow..."

"Yeah, well you're also a fucking cat. Here, kitty-kitty!" she smirks, gaining my attention again with her remarks. "Why do you talk out loud? I can read your mind, you know."

"But you didn't, and you haven't, because if you do you'll end up-"

"Yeah, yeah, okay. No need to go there," she growls, crossing her arms and forming a pout.

I mentally finished my sentence, '-meeting my mental barriers, hurting the both of us.' We sit in silence before Willow suggests the same thing she always does when she catches me sitting in the tree...

"Let's go horseback riding. Hell, it'd be better than sitting in this fucking tree..."

"I like this tree. Don't call it 'fucking'."

"I'll call it whatever the fuck I want!"

"Cut it out..."

"FINE!" she clinbed down the tree in a huff.

I sigh, irritated by this squabble over my favorite part of our front yard, "Damn it, Willow..." I jump down from the tree, reaching the ground before her, ditching my cat Form, and becoming human again. "Why do you always do that?" I question her.

"Do what? Ask you to come horseback riding with me at 2 o'clock in the morning?"

"No. You know what I mean." I retort.

"Apparently not. What're we talking about again?" she asked in fake innocence, causing me to growl in irritation.

"You know what...? Just forget it," I snap, walking in the direction of the house.

"Wait! Where the hell are you going?!"

"Horseback riding, unless you want to go back inside."

"Hell no!" she shouts, using her element of air to fly over and catch up with me.

"Well, let's go tack up the horses then," and I left it at that, leaving Willow to follow me on her own. Yep, she's my friend, basically my sister, my only family... I wouldn't take her troublesome self any other way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thankies for reading~! I hope you enjoyed and will comment us about how well we do~! This is our first co-op and we're not entirely sure how well we're doing, so comments from the gallery are accepted~!

With glomps and awkward turtles, Ashley~!