2. Head Over Heels

Nancy's POV

As the sun shined through my window, my eyes fluttered opened. I lay there for a moment, trying to grasp what happened last night. I kissed Robin Buckley. I KISSED ROBIN BUCKEY. Just the thought of kissing her made my heartbeat race. I gently turned my head to find Robin snuggled up next to me, arm draped over my chest. She's adorable. I considered staying there, because it was comfy, but my leg was also asleep. I gently grabbed her wrist, placed it next to her, then got out of bed. I tiptoed out of my room, then gently closed the door. Once I was out of earshot and down the stairs, I instantly unleashed all the excitement and pent up emotions. I shook my hands and quietly squealed, bouncing up and down. Once I was done, I took a deep breath to compose myself, and walked towards the kitchen to start breakfast.

I wasn't expecting anyone to be home, which is why I jumped when Mike was standing at the doorway. "Nancy, what the hell was that," he asked skeptically, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed. "Mike, I thought you were with your friends?" I breathed. "That didn't answer my question, though," Mike responded. "It's nothing, really," I insisted, leaning against the counter. "Oh really?" he said. "Yes," I growled. He narrowed his eyes, then shrugged, heading down the stairs towards the basement.

"Jesus Christ," I whispered to myself. Why didn't I just tell him? He's my brother, he'd love me unconditionally... right? I turned around, and opened the refrigerator to try to scrounge up ingredients for breakfast. "Jeez, how long has it been since we last got groceries," I groaned, reaching into the back of the refrigerator. I found nothing in the fridge, so I  poked around for about five minutes in the pantry too. "Nothing," I breathed. "How..." Guess we're going out. Time to wake up Robin, I guess. I gently closed the pantry door, sighed, then started heading upstairs to wake her up.

When I opened the door, she was still fast asleep, but now she was curled up in a ball, and had knocked my comforter onto the floor. I laughed softly before picking it up and placing it back on top of her. I sat back down on the bed cross-legged, and gently shook her shoulder. I leaned down towards her ear, and moved a strand of her hair to the side. "Robin," I whispered. "Time to wake up. We're gonna go get breakfast." It took a few seconds, but she eventually stirred and opened her eyes. She slowly sat up, and I scooted over so she had room to stretch. "Morning sleepyhead," I smiled softly. She leaned over and placed her head on my shoulder, letting out a deep yawn. "Morning," she said quietly. God her voice is so satisfying. I began running my fingertips through her hair, and Robin started humming a tune. We sat like that for a few minutes before Robin decided to get up. "Can I borrow some clothes? I forgot to bring some," she asked. I nodded, and pointed her towards my closet. "Take whatever you need." She thanked me, then went to my closet to get some stuff. "You need to change?" she asked while she dug through my closet. "Yeah, just toss me whatever," I responded. She nodded, then continued. A few moments later, she emerged with a sweater and jeans for herself, and a flannel shirt and jeans for me. "Thanks Robbie," I smiled. Robin chuckled, before heading out the door towards the bathroom to change.

She returned a few minutes later, and we grabbed our stuff to head out. "Should we bring Mike? Or will he be fine by himself?" Robin asked as we descended the stairs. He'll be fine. Besides, it'll be just the two of us. "He'll be fine, I'll leave him some money to get some pizza or something." I dug a ten dollar bill out of my wallet and placed it on the counter, then turned back around. "Mike, we're leaving! I left you some money on the counter for food!" I called down the stairs. It took a moment, but he responded by yelling "Okay weirdo." I rolled my eyes and Robin laughed, then we made our way out of the house.

The second we got into my car, it started pouring. "Aw, come on!" I whined. "Don't worry princess, a little water won't hurt you," Robin teased. I rolled my eyes, then stuck my keys in the ignition to start the car. The engine roared to life, and my car rattled for a moment before calming down. "I hate driving in the rain," I sighed. I put the car in reverse, carefully pulled out of the driveway, then took off down the street.