Chapter 4: No Way Home

It's been a year and Five hasn't gotten over the time travel obsession. He's been practicing his spatial jumps. He planned his trip to the future in detail. I've tried to convince that idiot that the world is not going to end for centuries for like a billion times, but he kept saying that his gut tells him it is. Why are people SO stubborn these days?! That dude even told me to make a 'time travel- safe' suit for him! I sighed and agreed to design one for him c̶u̶z̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶5̶0̶ ̶b̶u̶c̶k̶s̶.

I told Ashley about Five's addiction to time travel and asked her if she can make a " time travel- safe suit" using her designing skills and my very logical thinking and scientific research.

She laughed so hard she nearly peed her pants. " A...a ' time travel- safe suit'?" She said, using air quotes, " Being a science genius, you know that doomsday is like, never gonna happen. You're telling me to make a suit for that, huh? Gee, you really like that boy, you could do anything for him." I tried to explain that I don't give a fuck about him and how I persuaded him over the years that it's not gonna happen and Ashley interrupted me. " Just tell him how you feel for him. I'm sure he's gonna feel the same." "Are you my mom or my dating coach?" I cut her off.

"So you admit?" "Admit what?!" I'm starting to get really annoyed with her. "That you like him," Ashley gave me an 'I knew it expression'.

"Piss off."

Anyway, Ashley and I spent our whole weekend trying to figure out how to design that suit. It's really complicated, and takes a lot of effort and time, but it's worth a shot.

☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️☂️

It's a Monday evening. After we had an early supper, I headed straight to the Academy, bringing along some homemade fluffernutters.

I headed to the gate when Five suddenly fled out. He is definitely not in a good mood. " Hey," I greeted. "I'm going to time travel," he ignored me, " not ready my ass, he said. I'm going to prove him wrong." He disappeared. Then reappeared, walking. " No! You're not ready yet! Ashley and I are still working on the suit, okay? Quit being an asshole and be patient!" I yelled. He tried to yank my hand off, but I grabbed his arm real tight. He blinked, bringing me along.

(Okay, so we broke the rule of not cursing, but it doesn't really matter right now.)

We arrived at the same stop, but the thing is, everything looked different. The academy was destroyed. Everything was destroyed. In pieces. And burnt. And there was no one in sight. " Where are we?" I asked, starting to panic. " I... I don't know," he replied. All we could see was ruins and fire. " Vanya! Ben!" He called out. " Uncle Reggie! Ashley!" I shouted. There was no response. "C'mon, let's get us out of here," Five said, as I grabbed his arm. He tried to gain his powers, but nothing happened. "Come on," he cursed silently.

" Hey, I think you should check this out..." I started, looking at a tree on top of a body. The dead body looked awfully familiar. We dug through the ruins and found more bodies. They somehow looked like our siblings, but a lot older. I kept telling myself that, maybe they're just some other random people, but I noticed a tattoo on one of the person's arm. It was a tattoo of an umbrella, and it looks exactly like the ones Uncle Reggie got us a year ago.

"No..." I said. First the apocalypse, then we got trapped here, now this? Could things get any worse? I buried my face in Five's shoulders crying, feeling drops of tears damp my hair.

There is no way home.

A/N: Sorry this chapter is a bit short and super sad— things will be better afterwards, I promise. But look at the bright side! At least no one will be third- wheeling, or will there?

Dare: I dare you to send this story to your friends!

Uploaded the link on my instagram. Also, if your Umbrella friends don't have a wattpad account, go on quotev to check it out with the same title. My even more cringey and original writing is on there (will delete soon.)