Dinner "date"

David's pov
Sara actually left the house before me, I guess she didn't notice. I didn't have to be at work until 8 a.m. so I've been in my room watching my phone. I look at the time.

7:14 a.m.

I get up and put on some work appropriate clothes and the vest they make us wear. I grab my house key, charger, name tag, and a water and head off to work. I walk since it's only across the street. I walk into our local grocery store and look around to see who's working. Out of the corner of my eye I see my friend Matt.

- David -
" Matt ! What's up. Finally got us on the same shifts huh ? "

- Matt -
" Hell yeah dude ! This month won't suck complete ass after all man "

I head in the back and clock myself in. I get behind the cash register and start punching in my numbers so I can log in.

- time skip : 1:25 p.m. -

I just got on my lunch break, and right after I open my can of coke I get a call

RONNIE
✅ ❌

I answered

- David -
" yo man, I just got on my lunch break whats up ? "

- Ronnie -
" Hey bro ! Just thought I should let you know, me and Jess were wondering if 7 p.m. was good for you and the lady friend to meet up ? "

I chuckle a little at his response

- David -
" first of all it's just friend, okay ? We have been friends since the 8th grade. And second of all, yeah. I'm just gonna have to run it by her. She said she gets off at 5 so it should work out "

- Ronnie -
" whatever you say kid. Yeah, just text me and let me know if it works okay ? "

- David -
" Okay, Cya then "
*call ends*

I let out a sigh and finished my lunch. Then I decided to text Sara and run by her what Ronnie was telling me earlier.

David Sara

" hey, Ronnie just asked if
7 worked for us ? I said
I would talk to you about it "

" hey ! Yeah that's fine.
Gives me enough time
To get ready ! "

" okay then, cya ! "

" Cya ! ❤️ "

                                     Sara's POV

I haven't seen Ronnie in what seems like forever. I'm excited to meet his new girlfriend too ! I just can't help but think about what David had said about bringing me since Ronnie was bringing his girlfriend. Our relationship has always been kind of confusing. Lots of people thing we are dating or some how related. Which neither is true. He's my best friend. Always had been for as far as I can think back. It's all just to confusing to me...

- Coworker -
"Hello ?? Sara ?? I've been calling your name for the past 5 minutes. Are you okay ? "

- Sara -
"Yeah I'm fine. I guess I just zoned out. I'm sorry."

- Coworker -
"Okay well. I need you back up here in the front. Jaydon is gonna be out there with you making drinks while I take the food orders in the back "

- Sara -
"Okay, thank you"

Of course they stick me out there with him. The one person I genuinely do not like and of course it's him. 5 o'clock has never seemed so far away.

                         - time skip / 4:58 p.m. -

I take off my apron and grab my keys. I sit in a booth out in the lobby area waiting for the next two minutes to pass.

- Jaydon -
" Yo Sara, I get off at 8. Can I take you out somewhere? I know you keep telling me no. But I promise you won't regret it "

- Sara -
" you already know the answer to that. And plus, I've got a date tonight "

- Jaydon -
"  Really ? With who ?"

- Sara -
" I don't see why that's any of your concern "

- Jaydon -
" Maybe because I've been asking you every day since you started working here to give me a chance then all of a sudden a random guy comes out of no where and you have a date with him now ? "

I sigh. I check my phone, 5:00 p.m. I head to the computer and sign myself out then grab my stuff and head to my car. But someone comes walking after me.

- Jaydon -
" I don't see what the big deal is ! I really like you Sara, why can't you just give me a chance "

He reminds me of my ex. Manipulative and needy. Never leaving me alone and always on my ass about something.

- Sara -
" first of all, it's not a random guy. We went to school together and now we are just going out to have fun. Second of all. You really like me ? Just like how you really liked Dajah, and Jessica, Deven, sierra... the list goes on. Now get the fuck away from my car. "

He takes a step back. He looks angry. I could care less tho. I need to be home cleaning up to get ready to go out. I crank my car and drive back home. I keep thinking about what Jaydon said in the back of my mind. He sounds just like him. That's something I need to stay away from.

——————————————————————————

Hello again ! Please make sure to let me know how you feel about this story and if I should continue it !

Word count : 879