Chapter 3

In the morning, Mac's room was still empty. Terrence woke up this morning to check on his little brother. He knocks on the door.

"Hey, stupid! It's time to wake up!" Terrence called out. He opens the door. "What are you-?" When he opened it, he noticed the rope Mac made from his bed covers hanging out the window. "Oh, no. He didn't..." he thought angrily, looking out the window to see the rest of the rope hanging all the way down to the ground. "He's so busted!"

He goes to the kitchen where his mom is. She was cooking up breakfast.

"Terrence, where's Mac?" she asked him.

"He ran away!" Terrence yelled. "He made an escape rope out of his bed covers."

"What?"

He leads his mother to Mac's bedroom and shows his mom the rope hanging out the window. "See? He's probably gone back to Foster's."

"Where is Foster's, anyway?" she asked him.

******

Knock! Knock!

The sound of the door echoed from the foyer.

"I'm coming!" Frankie called.

After a few minutes, Frankie knew what it was and turned to the Gang who had finished breakfast. "Mac."

"Yeah?"

"You're mom's here."

Mac, Yuki. Ame and Bloo stood up in shock. "WHAT!?"

Mac's mom steps into the foyer with Terrence by her side. She looks truly upset.

"Mac, I told you you're not allowed to come here anymore!" Mac's mom said angrily. "First you keep Bloo and visit him every day behind my back, and then you run away from home just to be with him! I'm very angry with you!" She then grabbed Mac's hand. "You're coming home, right now!"

"No, mom! I'm never going back with you!" Mac yelled at her. He pulled his hand away from his mother's grip. He is now upset with tears in his eyes. "I don't care what you say! Bloo's my best friend, and I'm never giving him up! You're just like Terrence! You don't want me to have any friends! You just want me to be lonely and miserable! Well, that's not gonna happen! I hate you! And I never want to see or talk to you ever again!"

With angry tears, Mac runs upstairs. Everyone is shocked at what Mac said, including Madame Foster and Mr. Herriman who happen to be there. Yuki stared angrily at the upset mother who tried to take her human friend away.

"I'll get him, mom!" Terrence said as he was about to get him.

"No, Terrence," his mother said, stopping him.

"I'm really sorry. I'm sure he didn't mean it," Frankie apologized. "He's probably just upset and needs time with his thoughts."

"The fact is you were too hard on him," Madame Foster scolded Mac's mother. "Mac needs his imaginary friend, whether ya like it or not. Look at me. I'm old, and I still have my imaginary friend."'

"True. She never did abandon me," Mr. Herriman said.

"And perhaps you are a disgrace of the family because you don't care," Ame said, glaring at Mac's mother.

"Maybe you should come back later, 'cause Mac had a hard time last night," Frankie said.

The woman thought for a moment and sighed. "Alright. Let's go, Terrence."

"But mom..."

"I said let's go!"

Terrence reluctantly follows his mom out the door. Yuki took a deep breath. She still doesn't like Mac's mother because she was so selfish, mean and very overprotective. She won't let anything happen to her human friend. Her Mac. The only human being she cares about.