Part 1 of 2

The Berk PD Case files: Death cometh

"Hiccup! Hiccup! STOP!" Astrid said as she rushed after her partner who was swiftly walking through the car park. "You can't just waltz in there guns blazing!"

"Why not? It's what they did," Hiccup shot back as he fished for his keys in his coat pocket. "They waltzed in guns blazing and we couldn't do anything!"

"But this isn't the solu-" Astrid's sentence was cut short as Hiccup clicked his keys to disable his alarm. Only it didn't just disable the alarm it triggered an incendiary device causing Hiccup's car to blow up and send the duo careening back due to the force of the shockwave.

Astrid moaned as she got up. Her vision was blurry for a moment and her head hurt. She could still feel the heat from the exploded and burning car and looked around quickly, brushing off debris as she tried to stand up on shaky legs. Then there on the ground she saw her partner.

"HICCUP! HICCUP!" Astrid rushed to check up on him as he lay there unconscious. "For Thor's sake, Hiccup don't you dare die on me!" She yelled as she searched for a heartbeat.

-0-

One week earlier

At the city morgue, Camicazi was working overtime again. The body was that of a young male, and Cami frowned as she picked up her recorder.

"Medical Examiner case file 43UCT, John Doe, approximately between age 18 and 23. Cause of death unknown. No abrasions or any signs of struggle. No signs of anything really. It's like he just laid down and died." She added as a personal note. "Small puncture wound near his left elbow. Waiting on a tox screen. Possible OD."

"What secrets do you hol-" Cami stopped talking as the doors to her morgue were slammed open. "Hey! You can't be in he-AAH" She fell to the ground as two bullets pierced her.

"No... no...." Camicazi uttered as she spat out some blood before passing out.

-0-

"What the hell happened!" Hiccup shouted as he walked into the precinct only to find it in utter chaos. He stood near the doorway gaping at the destruction.

"Haddock over here!" The Captain called and Hiccup met Mala in a small mobile command center near the building. He wasn't the only one in there. Gobber, Thuggory, and several other coworkers were already present. "Hofferson in here!" Mala called again upon seeing Astrid run towards the precinct.

Once Astrid was inside the command center Mala closed and locked the door. They were pretty cramped in there but all the detectives listened attentively.

"What I am about to tell you doesn't leave this room," Mala uttered.

"At around 2:30 AM this morning the morgue and the evidence room were raided." The Captain stated. "Camicazi was shot but she managed to drag herself to the fire alarm sometime after to alert us. She was the lucky one. Several of our night shift officers and lab techs were also injured and are either dead or in critical condition. As of this moment, we do not know what the assailants were after specifically but we will find out. I want all hands on deck for this! We leave no stone unturned and everything is by the book!"

"Where do ya want us Cap?" Gobber asked.

"Many of you will be helping with interviewing anyone in the vicinity and running down leads," Mala said. "Gobber I want you on PR. The press gets nothing until we know who we are dealing with." Gobber gave a salute at that. "Hofferson, Haddock, you guys will go over every detail of the security footage in the command center. I already have officers gathering the discs." She then ordered. "And before anyone asks, I've sent the twins to the hospital to check on our people. I will be going myself to check on the situation. If there is any change I will let you all know."