Part 2 of 2

The temporary headquarters were surprisingly in the building of the FBI field office. The moving stress was gradually lessened when IT techs from the bureau had helped set up the systems the day before.

"Haddock,"

"Grimmel," the two said as they passed each other in a hallway. Grimmel noted the two mugs of coffee in his hand and said "Ask Griselda where she keeps her stash of the good stuff. You'll need it," before walking away. Hiccup found the entire interaction so weird as he walked back to his new desk. All the while wondering if that was Grimmel's icebreaker.

"Here you go," Hiccup said as he handed a mug to Astrid, who was now seated in the cubicle next to him.

"Sweet Nirvana," Astrid uttered as she guzzled her jet fuel. Hiccup wondered what she had been up to as she had come in earlier than him and had been busy clicking away at her computer.

Come midday the productivity in the new bullpen was at an all-time high as officers wanted to nail the bastard that hit them. It was at that time that Hiccup excused himself.

"Yo Haddock where are you going? I thought you were on desk duty?" Thuggory asked as Hiccup passed his desk which was filled with a mountain of interview reports.

"Just a lead that I need to run down." Hiccup stated while putting on his coat. "Don't eat all the donuts while I'm away,"

"Hardy har har," Thuggory just rolled his eyes but went back to his task.

Hiccup's beat-up silver Honda ended up being parked at an abandoned warehouse near the pier. He joined Astrid and Gobber who were already waiting there in the cold.

"I thought ya be coming lad," Gobber said. "You got any idea why the Captain sent us texts to come incognito?"

"I got some idea," Hiccup uttered just as a creaky door to one warehouses opened up to reveal.... "Dad?" Hiccup curiously questioned when he spotted the man. The group walked over to that particular warehouse and was let in.

"Stoick," Gobber greeted while Astrid gave a polite greeting of "Chief," followed by a salute.

The warehouse was dusty but a section of it had been cleaned and cordoned off to house a quite impressive computer setup. The Captain and the twins were also already present.

"Greetings, now that everyone is here we can begin," A female voice stated as she came out of the small abandoned office.

"Heather,"

"Hiccup," She uttered.

"You two know each other?" Astrid asked confused.

"Heather was in the Narcotics division of the BPD a few years ago before she got recruited by the NSA. We've worked on some cases together." He revealed. "She's also Dagur's sister and the Cap's in-law."

"Ookayyy...." Astrid nodded at the revelation. She looked around and then asked, "So, why isn't Dagur here?"

"He's a good brother but he talks too much and I would rather not have the FBI get involved," Heather sighed. "I would like to avoid a bureaucratic nightmare." Here she looked pointedly at Stoick who had the grace to look sheepish.

"Daddd..... What did you do?" Hiccup asked pointedly.

"Now don't you use your mother's tone with me lad," Stoick warned.

"Do you want me to get mom involved then?" Hiccup asked with a raised brow. "You know how she feels about you playing nice with the other heads of department."