i. dungeons n' car rides.

CHAPTER ONEdungeons n' car rides

CHAPTER ONE
dungeons n' car rides.

"STOP MOVING DUMBASS" ELIZABETH COMPLAINS LOUDLY, HER COMMONLY SNARKY TONE HITTING THE EARS OF A YOUNG PETER TIMMONS. she stands in the kitchen, her body leaning against the withering wooden countertop of her family's small house. the timmons had never been middle class but their house was homely; warm tones, lots of pillows and covers, sheer curtains and cluttered surfaces. elizabeth never felt uncomfortable in the house no matter how messy it would become because it was their home. peter would say the same but in his current predicament, their sweet house began to feel like purgatory.

the timmons had been too busy running their family butcher to realise the mess their youngest member had become. his hair had grown longer than ever, down past his shoulders. their parents hadn't really cared, their father even complimenting how 'hippie' he looked but elizabeth was starting to see it was bothering the boy himself. that's why she had him sat on the wooden seat in front of her, one of her hands in his hair and the other cutting it with a pair of blunt scissors. she wasn't doing an especially brilliant job but she thought it looked half decent. no one could blame her if it looked bad anyways, considering her only qualifications for the cut was watching joyce trim a bowl cut on will.

"are you sure you're not trimming it too short?" peter asks worryingly, stopping himself from the temptation to turn his head around in case elizabeth accidentally chopped his ear off. he wouldn't be so concerned if it were not for the fact that he had a dnd game in half an hour and he did not want to show up to the wheelers house with no hair.

"trust me weirdo, you'll look fine" elizabeth mutters as she cuts off another piece of his golden hair. it falls at her feet amongst the rest of the hair she'd chopped off. she takes her hand out of his locks and has a good look at it. she thinks it as finished, it looked pretty decent in her own professional opinion. she ruffles the back of it slightly before commenting"in fact you look fine already, wanna see?".

he nods and elizabeth grabs the small hand mirror she has on the counter. she hands it to the young boy allowing him to check his mop of hair. elizabeth smiles as she watches him straighten his eyes, focusing in on every little strand as though he was trying to memorise every single one.

"i mean its fine" he mutters. she takes this as a sign that she did a good job. she grabs the mirror off of him and takes a step back, putting herself already in the hallway. from there she throws the mirror onto her bed from where her bedroom is at the end of the hallway. it lands gently, keeping itself intact. as soon as elizabeth moves back he looks up at his sister, smiling with a goofy smile. quickly he goes to jab at her, "better than your old hair".

she rolls her eyes, knowing he meant her old buzzcut that she had when he was only a toddler. it was so shaved to her head, everyone thought she looked like a boy, hell even juno's dad couldn't look in elizabeth's direction with that haircut. she distinctly remembered being in her house at dinner, watching as he looked anywhere but at her. she always did dislike him for that, alongside his neglect.